LIPZ ILS Frequency

Hi Guys

I'm a bit of a newbie to EFB. I'm liking it, it has that air of being modern about it. I really like the concept of incorperating my arrivals and departure charts all on the same screen as my enroute flight plan.. Much slicker than the other software I have been using.

I can't get EFB to show the correct ILS frequency for Runway 4R at LIPZ

It used to be 110.3 but has been changed last year (I think) to 109.95. I've checked the latest Navigraph charts which show 109.95 so I assume the latest AIRAC is the same. I'm running AIRAC 1101 on EFB. I've checked the ILS frequency on FSX using the map function which is 109.95. (I changed it using ADE).

In the DataProvider program I've run scenery update and followed all the restart instructions.. It's still showing 110.3 as the ILS frequency.

I had assumed that all frequencies and charts would be upto date because your using AIRAC data..I'm now wondering if you have hard coded these frequencies into EFB which might be a bit of a problem for us guys who like to fly with upto date charts and airways.

I would be interested on your comments..

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

no hard coded frequencies at all ;)

EFB uses FSX data for all facility data like ILS, VOR, NDB etc. For all the procedures data it uses Navigraph data. Whenever a frequency for an ILS, VOR, NDB etc. has changed, you must change it in FSX via ADE or anything else. The frequency is taken from the BGL-data files. If you install a new AIRAC cycle you will get the new procedures data but not any changed facility data. So the way you described should be OK. I don't know exactly how ADE works if you only change a frequency. You must know that EFB first reads the "scenery.cfg" to know which folders and files must be considered for the data analysis. The only thing that I can imaging is that there is a "missing link" between the updated file and the scenery.cfg? Can you locate that changed file which holds the new ILS frequency? Can you find this file or the folder that contains this file in the scenery.cfg?

Steve,

Urs didn't touch on this, but the reason EFB uses the facilities and navaid data from BGLs is that's what FSX uses and so that's what you'd dial in the cockpit.

EFB could pull ILS and other navaid data from the Navigraph AIRAC but unless the BGL that you use has the ILS frequency at 109.95 you would still have to dial 110.3 on your avionics.

But it is interesting to read that you have made the change using ADE and that the change is appearing in FSX. This opens up a few questions:

Did you begin with the stock scenery, or were you modifying a 3rd party (payware or freeware)?

What scenery folder was it in?

When you compiled your changes into a new BGL, where did you place the new BGL - in what scenery folder?

It would greatly assist if you wouldn't mind sending your scenery.cfg file and the DataProvider log files to Urs at support@aivlasoft.com. From there he would be able to "walk the folder tree" and spot where the discrepancy is occurring.

I will take the stock scenery and attempt to modify it myself today to see what happens on my system.

Regards,

Steve,

It worked for me, so here at the steps I took:

• Used ADE to load the stock scenery LIPZ.
  • Went to the Navaids list, edited the stock ILS to indicate 109.95.
  • Saved the ade2 file - compiled it into a BGL placed in my AddonScenery folder which of couse sits at a "more promininate" level than the stock levels.
  • Ran the DataProvider refresh - loaded the chart into the DisplayUnit.

[attachment=0]ven ils.png[/attachment]I'll try a flight this afternoon to see if my a/c uses the old or new frequency.

We'll get your setup sorted....

Regards,

I made two test flights - one with a modified stock scenery (and my MTV version disabled) and another with a modified MTX scenery. Both variants featured the new 109.95 frequency in both the Approach chart and in FSX.

So I'm hoping it's a matter of mismatched scenery layers. In addition to ADE, have you used ScruffyDuck's Airport Scanner utility? It finds duplicate airport scenery files and allows you to disable/move the versions you don't want.

Regards,

Hi Guys

The only thing I did not do was refresh the Data Cache in the DisplayUnit... I sort of assumed that if I did a data update in the DataProvider unit on my FSX computer that it would clear the cache in the DisplayUnit

Just clicked on the button to clear the cache, which has updated the ILS to the correct frequency... I must remember to do that when I update the AIRAC's

Thank you for all your help and suggestions... Your support is brilliant,

I'll be buying EFB at the end of the month.

Thanks again

Steve