Manchester Approach R/W23R

I am a new user of the evaluation version (v.1.2.1) EFB and I am presently enjoying the experience.

I see that the Manchester (EGCC) approach chart referring to an ILS approach to runway 23R does not contain any profile information whatsoever. Only the localiser is shown in plan. All other boxes ie Briefing strip,profile, descent values etc are visible but empty. No details are shown which enable a procedural approach from, in my particular case MIRSI,to be carried out.

I am using Navigraph airac 1013.

Is this a known bug with the Manchester approach chart?

Thanks,

Brian Corley

Hi Brian,

I just checked the ILS 23R (MIRSI) with 1013 and 1.2.1 here. The approach profile and plan view is depicted fine. All other information is also presented.

Hmmmh, are you using an add-on scenery for EGCC?

Does it only happen at EGCC or on other airports too?

Hi Urs,

I am using UK2000`s "extreme" scenery. I have only had my evaluation EFB for 24hrs and therefore my experience of it is minimal! However, other airfields that I have tried have been fine and work properly.

I get the same troubles with the 05 runways at Manchester too by the way.

Another chart related oddity I have found is an East Midlands (EGNX) 27 departure via TNT1N, the route shown is incorrect and I suspect pretty well unflyable. My scenery at EGNX is UK 2000`s VFR.

Sorry to be pain!

Brian Corley.

Brian,

You're not being a pain, don't even think that!...

I use the UK2000 EGCC Extreme as well and do not have that problem.

[attachment=0]egcc ils.png[/attachment]

Do you have any entries in your "\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\runways.txt" file for EGCC? If so, make a copy of that file, delete the lines with EGCC, then save the original and close both your DataProvider and DisplayUnit and then restart them.

As for the "hairpin turn" displayed on the Trent 1 November SID from EGNX, yep that's not right. The procedure in the Navigraph data is loosely defined and unfortunately EFB's assumption wouldn't be shared by pilots. :D

For now, it would be best to ignore the D12.0TNT fixpoint and go Direct from IEME1 to D163G - or to go Direct to D163G when you're about to cross the 163 radial from TNT....

Regards,

Hi Travis,

Thank you for your suggestions which have cured the problem and I am glad to report that Manchester is fully funtional.

I am well impressed with the prompt and friendly support that I have received. It all counts towards my decision as to registration of this useful programme.

Regards,

Brian.