P3Dv4 Airports Not n Scenery.cfg

My apologies if this has already been discussed. I couldn't find any previous reference regarding this.

A lot of add-on scenery is now installed outside of P3D the \Users\USERNAME\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder using add-on.xml file which means there are no longer any entries in the scenery.cfg folder, which means EFB no longer detects the airport runways, taxiways, etc.

imageSim KATL, Aerosoft Anchorage Professional, FSDreamTeam Vancouer, etc. all use this new approach to installing scenery.

Is it possible to have an additional box in the settings to point to the path where these add-ons are located?

Just wanted to add there are two other files where scenery is listed:

\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Get these added some way and we should be good.

Hi Orest,

I'm not sure but maybe the problem is the path name which is given for Toronto. Please have a look into the logfile which you provided. The lines 330 to 340 contain the found paths for the scenery files which have been registered using the new add-on package system. Interestingly the path for CYYZ ends with "scenery_LC" where all other paths end with "scenery". As a specification, originally introduced by MS-FSX,  a path which holds scenery data (*.BGL files) must be named "scenery". EFB considers this by trying to add "scenery" at the end of a given path which does not end with "scenery" already. For the CYYZ path, this means that it does not end with "\scenery" and therefore EFB is trying whether the path "..\scenery_LC\scenery" is existing. If so, it would read the content of that folder.

Can you please verify whether the path for CYYZ is OK?

There are two sets of scenery components, in two different layers for FT CYYZ listed in the P3D Scenery Library. There is their custom landclass in:

..\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery_LC  (layer 12) 

(curiously the BGL is actually in the ..\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery_LC\scenery directory)

And then the rest of the scenery in:

..\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery  (layer 11)

* Orest

Here are the two entries from scenery_add-ons.xml ...

<AddOn.SceneryComponent>
        <Path>C:\Z_P3D_v4\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery_LC</Path>
        <SceneryCRC>-707770097</SceneryCRC>
    </AddOn.SceneryComponent>
    <AddOn.SceneryComponent>
        <Path>C:\Z_P3D_v4\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery</Path>
        <SceneryCRC>1938342259</SceneryCRC>
    </AddOn.SceneryComponent>

The log file does appear to correctly add \scenery to the LC path, and that is where the BGL is. 

But, the logfile shows that Aivlasoft does NOT find the main scenery in the \Toronto\scenery path. That is where it is, and it does display in the sim.

Any chance you allow only one path per addon, and the second entry is ignored?

* Orest

Hi Orest,

Any chance you allow only one path per addon, and the second entry is ignored?

I guess this is too error prone.

curiously the BGL is actually in the ..\FlyTampa\Toronto\scenery_LC\scenery directory

Just as an idea, but maybe the relevant BGL file should be in the other path so that in the end all scenery is in the "scenery" folder and the land class (?) in the "scenery_LC" folder.

I don't know the intentions of FlyTampa, but this is the first scenery which seems to be split into two different folders.

If there would be only one folder, then the other one could be excluded using the "SceneryExclude.txt" file which is located in "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData". The only drawback of this workaround could be the name of the folder to be excluded. If it's the "scenery" folder then I fear it will not work for obvious reasons.