TRO VOR

Salut Urs,

Would you please tell me why the TRO VOR N48°15,1 E003°57,8 reads "n.a." on the chart, although it works fine ?

It's not the first time I've noticed VORs are (sometimes) in the "n.a." state.

Does that info comes from Navigrah data ?

Another question (just for my information) : in a distributed installation (2 or more computers with 1 or more monitors installed in a local network) is the network communication between PCs based on Simconnect ?

Merci ;);)

Salut Travis,

"TRO looks ok to me, how does it appear as "n/a" to you?"

That's my very first question...

n.a stands for "not available", but what does that really mean in "EFB language" ? the same thing ?

"Do you have any non-stock scenery in the area?"

Yes, this non-stock scenery "RadioAidsNG" is running on both FS9 and FSX and the TRO VOR is well present on both FS9 and FSX maps (just checked)

Bizarre, bizarre, vous avez dit bizarre...

:?::?::?:

Cordialement

Jean-Louis,

I'm not certain of what you are seeing when you say it is "n/a".

Is it not in the list, or not on the charts?

Is it on the charts with a "?" mark or a treasure map's "X"? :)

Is this "RadioAidsNG" the one that I see linked to from an IVAO forum??

Regards,

"I'm not certain of what you are seeing when you say it is "n/a"

I'm seeing this on the EFB chart, near Troyes VOR symbol :

TRO

n.a. TRO

_._._ _ _

n48°15.1 E003°357.8

with "n.a." instead of 116.0. In other words the TRO VHF freq. is missing

"Is this "RadioAidsNG" the one that I see linked to from an IVAO forum??" Yes

Thanks Travis

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The TRO VOR is (was) not the only one radio-aid to read "n.a." instead of the frequency on the EFB chart... I found some others, including NDB, not only in France but everywhere in the FSX world...

BTW I didn't check if the TRO VOR still reads "n.a."

This is not that frequent, but would you please Urs tell us in wich case the radio-aid label reads "n.a." instead of the frequency on the EFB chart ?

Merci

Salut Jean-Louis,

a quick look into the program code tells me that the navaid type (this is a "flag" which comes from the BGL data files) seems to be not properly defined. EFB cannot recognize it as either a VOR, DME, VORDME etc. In such a situation EFB assigns "n.a.".

Jean-Louis,

My apologies for having forgotten about this topic. :( Overworked and underpaid and all that. ;)

I have a sticky on my monitor to remind me to try and look into those scenery files to see how TRO is defined in them. I've been lurking in the IVAO and VATSIM forums of late anyway....

Regards,

"EFB cannot recognize it as either a VOR, DME, VORDME etc. In such a situation EFB assigns n.a."

Merci Urs for the info provided but would you please tell me why EFB cannot recognize the incriminated nav-aid as either a VOR, DME, VORDME

I'm currently using the latest AIRAC

Regards

Salut Jean-Louis,

all the facilities data is read from the BGL files. No information about VORs, DMEs and so on is taken from the Navigraph cycle data.

When reading the BGL data there is a certain position in a file where the type of the navaid is stored. If this type (say that "byte") not known to EFB, it will use "n.a.". Are you using any 3rd party software that is changing the BGL data in any way?