DataProvider Error

23 hours ago, Dane said:

During a normal data update in DataProvider it gets stuck during the update - see attached error print screen.

I have done this several times before with no issue, not sure what would cause this.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y8xBCh0VOOZKCig02

All is OK now. I reinstalled and DataProvider worked but DataDisplay had errors loading so I reinstalled a second time and both start up OK.

21 hours ago, Dane said:

All is OK now. I reinstalled and DataProvider worked but DataDisplay had errors loading so I reinstalled a second time and both start up OK.

Well I was wrong, all is not OK. I have reinstalled now four times and both Data Provider & Display Unit keep crashing.

Could this be because I am still in the demo period?

Hi Dane,

no, it has nothing to do with the demo period.

Are you familiar with the Windows event log? From the photo that you provided I can see that there must be an event log entry after the DataProvider crashed. Could you provide the details of this entry?

23 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Dane,

no, it has nothing to do with the demo period.

Are you familiar with the Windows event log? From the photo that you provided I can see that there must be an event log entry after the DataProvider crashed. Could you provide the details of this entry?

I have heard of the Windows Event Log but NO, I do not know where to find it or what to look for - if you can point me in the right direction I would be happy to try.

EDIT

Hi again Urs, just wanted to give you another update on my issue.

Today it took about four attempts to try and get DataProvider to finalize it database update process but it kept crashing. So I powered off my PC and performed a cold boot and it ran DataProvider and it did complete the process - I will attach the two different error messages from that process.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VRxDGRjBejGan7BB3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dokgs157tA5DeNX42

Then I tried to run DataDisplay and it took about six attempts to get it to run - I will attach two different error messages from that process.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H3ba0dQHEXtsrT3m2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ng66oF4Uaf42OTBD2

Hi Dane,

you have posted photos from different issues:

1) The first one seems to be a problem when the DataProvider is analyzing the scenery files on your computer. Obviously it was faced with a problem for which it is not prepared. Windows caught the exception and wrote it to the event log. I hope this article will help to guide you how to view the event log.

2) The second photo shows the information that the DataProvider could not reach a time server on the internet to verify the system time. This is due to security considerations while the demo license is active. It will not happen once a full license is installed.

3 and 4) shows the error that the DisplayUnit cannot access its logfile because it is blocked by another program, most probably the AntiVirus program, or a backup program. Try to exclude the entire DisplayUnit data folder from any checks by such programs.

17 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Dane,

you have posted photos from different issues:

1) The first one seems to be a problem when the DataProvider is analyzing the scenery files on your computer. Obviously it was faced with a problem for which it is not prepared. Windows caught the exception and wrote it to the event log. I hope this article will help to guide you how to view the event log.

2) The second photo shows the information that the DataProvider could not reach a time server on the internet to verify the system time. This is due to security considerations while the demo license is active. It will not happen once a full license is installed.

3 and 4) shows the error that the DisplayUnit cannot access its logfile because it is blocked by another program, most probably the AntiVirus program, or a backup program. Try to exclude the entire DisplayUnit data folder from any checks by such programs.

Thank you Urs,

Hopefully I am attaching the correct Windows Event Log for your review. It does show error reports throughout the log.

The file is too large so I hopefully am sharing it correctly - let me know please. I sent the email invite to support@aivlasoft.com

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B74KmhHodtO_VWlyMF9GdU12c3c/view?usp=sharing

Hello!

I'm in the 30 day EFB trial and DataProvider isn't working for me.

This afternoon I installed the program, I went for a walk and now I have returned home and the program is stopped in "Connecting DataProvider".

However, I start the DataProvider manually and the program tells me to check my internet connection, that the program can not validate my trial period.

If the program worked properly this afternoon, I don't know why not now.

Thank you
Best regards

Dane,

thanks for the event log file. I can see that the DataProvider cannot access its own logfile. I cannot say why. It seems that the logfile is either locked by another application, most probably the AntiVirus program, or maybe a backup program. Try to exclude the entire data folder of the DataProvider from being accessed by such programs.

German,

... the program is stopped in "Connecting DataProvider".

It seems that you first have to share the DataProvider folder for read/write access. Please see the FAQ:

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/205-which-folders-must-be-shared-on-a-two-computer-setup/

However, I start the DataProvider manually and the program tells me to check my internet connection, that the program can not validate my trial period.

The DataProvider cannot access a time server using port 13 on the internet within a reasonable time. Check your router / network / firewall settings

11 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Dane,

thanks for the event log file. I can see that the DataProvider cannot access its own logfile. I cannot say why. It seems that the logfile is either locked by another application, most probably the AntiVirus program, or maybe a backup program. Try to exclude the entire data folder of the DataProvider from being accessed by such programs.

Urs, it is not a backup program as I do not use any automated program running, when it is time to back up I manually start the program.

I did go into my AntiVirus (ESET NOD32) and added the EFB path to be excluded - rebooted, but same problem. So I then turned off my AntiVirus, but same problem. So it seems it is something else.

EDIT...

I just thought - could these problems be caused by any Windows 10 updates?

Because nothing has changed in my system other than the Win10 updates and both DataProvider and DataDisplay were working well for the first two weeks of October then the problems started.

I have lost over one week of the Demo use and I suspect I will loose the balance of time remaining. I do not want to purchase if I am having these issues.

Hope you can find the problem(s)...

Hi Dane,

On 10/23/2017 at 7:25 PM, Dane said:

DataProvider and DataDisplay were working well for the first two weeks of October then the problems started.

What has changed since then? Knowing that would be the clue to a solution.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:25 PM, Dane said:

Hope you can find the problem(s)...

I fear that I cannot find it because I don't know your computer and its history.

From the program logic I can say for sure that not EFB is locking its own logfile (which would not make sense at all) but any other application, may it even be Windows itself. There were other customers in the past who complained about this problem and on all their computers it was either the AntiVirus or a Backup program.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:05 PM, aivlasoft said:

Hi Dane,

What has changed since then? Knowing that would be the clue to a solution.

I fear that I cannot find it because I don't know your computer and its history.

From the program logic I can say for sure that not EFB is locking its own logfile (which would not make sense at all) but any other application, may it even be Windows itself. There were other customers in the past who complained about this problem and on all their computers it was either the AntiVirus or a Backup program.

Well Urs - once again I thank you.

It seems that it is probably not EFB that is the problem as I WAS having problems with other probrams - this all started after a Windows update. The bottom line is I have experienced a crash (Windows Blue Screen of Death!!!) I am now in the process of doing a COMPLETE Factory Reset and re-installation of all programs, etc. - it will take several days even though I have a one day old full backup as well as two pages of documentation for all my programs including Program Registrations.

But here is a lesson to anyone else reading this - make sure you have, as I do, regular weekly full backups, as well as documentation of what you have and what all needs to be re-installed should this dreadful day happen to you.

Hopefully by the end of this week I will be up and flying again...