Freedom On Installation

Can you allow a little more freedom when it comes to installing the EFB. Running Windows 10 forces the use of the documents folder within my Onedrive folder. This cause issues when trying to force EFB to use my hardwired network as opposed to my Wi-fi network for obvious reasons, one being connected to the internet through the same wireless connection.

If you could remove the folder structure so that the program can be installed outside of the Documents folder, it would help Windows 10 users immensely and I could use the hardwired network I set up, just for using the EFB.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi Brian,

I don't know how yours is not using the OneDrive documents folder because I thought Windows 10 makes this the default folder. Have you switched it off using the group policy editor? EFB automatically picks the Documents folder within my OneDrive and the only way I can change it is to disable the feature using the group policy editor. The only thing with that is, I can't use my OneDrive for syncing my files which is what I like about it.

Have you some other way of forcing EFB not to use the OneDrive documents folder?

Kind Regards

Nigel

I can honestly say I don't remember doing that in the GPE.  I've just looked at the settings/auto-save option for onedrive (right click on the cloud icon in your task bar) in there is the option to choose where your documents and pictures are saved. in my case it's set to "This PC only" I guess in your case its' set to Onedrive. I think this is an option when installing win10.

I'm not the best when it comes to backing up stuff to onedrive or anywhere for that matter :-o so I'm probably not the best one to advise on how you should get around the problem :-D

I agree though having the ability to choose the folder location would be helpful

I'm sure Urs will be along shortly to offer some sage advice

I have uploaded a new installer which allows to choose the DATA folder. Nigel, could you please give it a try and report? Thanks!

EDIT: I had to go back to the old installer because it simply didn't work. I have underestimated the required work for such a change.