Updating Ground Charts

Hey maybe i'm missing something I did the trial for the EFB but the one thing thats held me off investing the £50 in purchasing it is the majority of major airports ground charts are out of date, a massive reason I wanted the program is for the geocaching ground charts, but when the majority of major airport charts are outdated it's about as useless as a chocolate teapot for that, is there a way to update this or not?

The only clues i've found is the data is based on FSX/P3D's default nav data, I have just updated the Nav Data using fsaerodata which I just got a subscription to, will this be enough because to my knowledge this only update air based data such a airways and STARs/SIDs.

Hi,

the charts in EFB are always based on the installation on your computer. This way you get the charts that display what YOU have on your computer and not what exists in reality. To update the charts you have to update your installation (add-ons).

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

I believe the ground data is taken from your scenery files. so if you are using default scenery then the ground charts will be old and incomplete. If youa re using 3rd party scenery then the charts will be as current as your 3rd party scenery.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:34 PM, aivlasoft said:

Hi,

the charts in EFB are always based on the installation on your computer. This way you get the charts that display what YOU have on your computer and not what exists in reality. To update the charts you have to update your installation (add-ons).

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

So just to clarify my understanding, the program takes basically the BGL file and then creates a ground "chart" from that rather than an actual pre saved fixed chart image so to speak.

You chart will show the information in the AFCAD to every airport. If the AFCAD miss a taxyway or other info like name and numbers, EFB will not be able to show present it more correct.

FSaerodata only give info regarding waypoints and stations ABOVE ground