FSX-SE Flight Plan

Hi,

is it possible to generate a flight plan with routefinder, activate it in EFB, add SID and STAR for the departure runway and the approach and then save it as a FS .pln file?

I would like to fly without ATC for time being but still fly the procedures as close to real world. I understand that ATC will advise of a particular SID / STAR to be flown or use radar vectors to the enroute entry point /final approach fix.

I have been flying PMDG aircraft, which allow for the programming of SID / STAR via the FMC. However, the aircraft I have now does not allow programming of the FMC.

Thanks for help

Hi,

I thought the problem with saved flight plans in FSX was solved until I ran into this problem:

I created a flight (Route Finder w/o SID & STAR) from Palma de Mallorca to Zurich and added the SID for runway 24R as shown on the screenshot. I also added the STAR on the other end, but no approach. I loaded the route from MS flight planner and the route showed up on ND as seen in the screenshot.

I don't know if the actual procedure (SID) needs to be in magenta (part of the route) in order to show up in FSX?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/FubF14

Am I doing something wrong or is FSX just not capable to accept the SID and STAR procedures?

Thanks for help

Juergen,

From the third screenshot I can see that the second waypoint on the SID seems to be wrong. The distance to it is extremely long. Maybe that's the problem. When testing with cycle 1609 I see that the procedure BAKA2A from 24R is different than with 1608.

I don't know if the actual procedure (SID) needs to be in magenta (part of the route) in order to show up in FSX?

Magenta means that this part is not relevant for the currently selected 'window'. If you have selected the 'Departure' window in EFB, all except the SID is depicted in magenta. Regardless of this, the entire route is saved as GPS flight plan.

Urs,

Thanks for prompt reply. I didn't notice the second waypoint is 10,807nm from the 1st. This might be the problem.

So I generated the same route again and again the second waypoint is 10,807 nm from the first. Is it possible that this is a mistake in navigraphs database? Could you attach the SID data from 1608 cycle in a post, so I can see the difference? Also, if the route is saved as a GPS flight plan, I assume there is no reason that the route can't be loaded into a Microsoft Aircraft (xxx.pln file).

Juergen,

I compared the navigation data from Navigraph for EFB (24R: BAKA2A) with the same procedure from Aerosoft NavDataPro and again with Navigraph for the Aerosoft Airbus and I come to the finding that the procedure description from Navigraph for EFB is erroneous.