EFB TROJAN detected

Carlos,

some questions:

1) did you download and install EFB only recently or is it an installation which runs since some weeks?

2) where did you download the installer?

3) which version of the EFB installer is it?

4) is the alert based on a signature match, or is it because of a heuristic search?

5) can you verify the result of Windows Defender against another anti virus program?

Carlos,

some questions:

1) did you download and install EFB only recently or is it an installation which runs since some weeks?

2) where did you download the installer?

3) which version of the EFB installer is it?

4) is the alert based on a signature match, or is it because of a heuristic search?

5) can you verify the result of Windows Defender against another anti virus program?

I have the exact same issue.  First, bitdefender deleted my current dataprovider file.  It prevents installation of either the 1.6.8 update or a full reinstallation of 1.6.8.  I downloaded (again) both the update and full installation from your website less than an hour ago.  I tried to reinstall from a 1.6.8 update file I had on my system and it was deleted then I downloaded the update and full install tonight.  Whether Microsoft updated a definition or your file has become infected, I do not know.

Just downloaded the complete version but also the update version (v 1.6.8) and installed the program without any problem of TROJAN.

I'm using ESET SMART Security and NO trojan detected.

I don't use Windows Defender.

I'm under W10 64 bits and using P3D v 3.3.5

Hope this help.

Best Regards

Marc

Norton Internet Security does also NOT complain about any viruses.

It depends on the anti-virus program whether there are complaints or not. Most of all anti-virus programs are using heuristic algorithm which can sometimes give wrong results.

I guess that Windows Defender detects the activation code which is then misinterpreted as a virus.

Further information about heuristics, especially see the paragraph "Effectiveness": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_analysis