more runways greyed out.

Hi,

I installed vrs 1.20.I created a flight panc-rjbb and the data provider threw up some errors because rjbb in fsx has only 2 runways whereas in reality kansai has 4.I opened runways.txt and added these lines :

RJBB 06 06R

RJBB 24 24L

I saved the file.

I then went to settings-miscellaneous and clicked reset data cache and restarted the software. I created the flightplan again and I did not get an error like before but approaches and arrivals were still greyed out. I don't understand what I did wrong. Could you please help me out ?

Thanks !

Hi,

I followed the same steps as you laid out and it worked fine for me, so I can't see where you did anything wrong. I even tried the opposite runways and that worked too:

RJBB 06 06L

RJBB 24 24R

So since we're running the same software version - and we both have default airports - what airac version do you have? 1011 here, although I don't see it making that great of a difference...

[attachment=0]rjbb-ils06r.jpg[/attachment]

With regards,

Hi banshee,

I did the same as you described and it works fine here. So if you don't mind, could you please send me your runways.txt file and - as Travis already asked - can you tell us which Airac cycle is installed on your computer?

And - according to the forum rules (see at the top of each page) - please sign your postings with your real first name. Thanks.

Hi,

I was running airac 1009. I updated it to 1011 and I still have that problem. I will paste my runways.txt here :

---------------

// Aivlasoft EFB, Runway assignment table: FSX runway to Navdata runway

// Copyright by AivlaSoft - www.aivlasoft.com

//

// *** %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

// *** it is important to always define ALL runways from an airport,

// *** whether they have changed or not!

// *** %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

//

// General)

// Column 1: ICAO 4-letter code of the affected airport

//

// A) if the designator of an existing runway in FSX has been replaced/changed:

// Column 2: Designator of the FSX-Rwy

// Column 3: Designator of the corresponding Navdata-Runway

//

// B) if a runway in FSX does no longer exist in reality (and therefore is no longer listed in Navdata)

// Column 2: Designator of the FSX-Rwy

// Column 3: 'nil' (without quotation marks)

//

// C) if a runway in reality (and in Navdata) is existing, but is not available in FSX

// *** this case is not possible to assign ***

//

// ICAO FSX Navdata

CYHZ 06 05

CYHZ 24 23

CYHZ 15 14

CYHZ 33 32

PAOM 09 10

PAOM 27 28

PAOM 02 03

PAOM 20 21

EDDP 08 08L

EDDP 26 26R

EDDP 10 nil

EDDP 28 nil

LFSB 08 08

LFSB 26 26

LFSB 16 15

LFSB 34 33

LFSB 16R 15R

LFSB 34R 33R

EGCC 06R 05R

EGCC 06L 05L

EGCC 24R 23R

EGCC 24L 23L

PANC 06R 07R

PANC 24L 25L

PANC 06L 07L

PANC 24R 25R

PANC 14 14

PANC 32 32

PAFA 01 02

PAFA 19 20

PAFA 01L 02L

PAFA 19R 20R

PAFA 01R 02R

PAFA 19L 20L

PAFA 01Water 02C

PAFA 19Water 20C

EDXW 15 14

EDXW 33 32

EDXW 06 06

EDXW 24 24

LFQB 05 05

LFQB 23 23

LFQB 18 17

LFQB 36 35

LFQB 18R 17R

LFQB 36L 35L

EDDB 07R 07

EDDB 25L 25

EDDB 07L nil

EDDB 25R nil

EDDK 14L 14L

EDDK 32R 32R

EDDK 07 06

EDDK 25 24

EDDK 14R 14R

EDDK 32L 32L

RJBB 06 06L

RJBB 24 24R

LIML 18L 18

LIML 18R 17

LIML 36L 35

LIML 36R 36

Please try removing all reference to PANC from the runways.txt file, the entries in that file are only needed if you are using the default airports with updated Navigraph data. If you are using an add-on airport which has the correct runway assignments in the AFCAD then you don't need these entries in the runways.txt file.

Remember to run a database rebuild once a new add-on airport is installed, then check to make sure there is no mention of the add-on airport in the runways.txt file, that's if you know the correct runway numbers are already assigned in the AFCAD.

Please try removing all reference to PANC from the runways.txt file, the entries in that file are only needed if you are using the default airports with updated Navigraph data. If you are using an add-on airport which has the correct runway assignments in the AFCAD then you don't need these entries in the runways.txt file.

Remember to run a database rebuild once a new add-on airport is installed, then check to make sure there is no mention of the add-on airport in the runways.txt file, that's if you know the correct runway numbers are already assigned in the AFCAD.

Hi,

I do use panc default and usually with updated airacs. I run database updates every time I install addons airports.

Gentlemen,

I checked and I have both the "Procedure Selector dialog" runways available as well as the "Dropdown Procedure Selector" available for either the 06L or the 06R runways.txt entry set.

Shortly I'll install a freeware scenery from Ray Smith that I found on Avsim - http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=rjbb&CatID=fsx&Go=Search - and remove the runways.txt entries. Four runways are better than two, eh?

Regards,

Hi Vittoria,

Thank you for your posts. Those last two screens are how I see RJBB if I do not have any entries in my runways.txt file. (That's when I also see the "Navdata runway" warnings.)

I also lose the ability to select an arrival from the Arrival chart selector... but if I go to Route Setup - Modify - RJBB Arrivals, the STARs are available there in the dropdowns. Do you see those?

Now if I add your lines:

RJBB 06 06L
RJBB 24 24R

to my runways.txt, I have the ability to select Arrivals from the Arrival chart selector and to select Approaches as well. (Which is how it should be, but isn't happening for you.)

This is most puzzling. I believe you may have to send the contents of your \Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Logfiles\ folder to Urs for further examination. I believe you should also include your Operating System (Vista 32-bit or Windows 7 64-bit, etc.), and FSX version as well. (SP 2, Accell, etc.)

Hi Vittoria,

as far as I can see from the program code there must be something wrong while EFB tries to read the runways.txt file. The screenshot with the procedure selector from the arrival chart shows the runway identifiers "06" and "24". This is an indicator that the runways.txt file couldn't be read (otherwise the identifiers must be "06R" and "24L"). Can you check that the runways.txt file is located in the following folder and not anywhere else: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData

BTW: the entries for the runways.txt must be as follows:

RJBB 24 24L
RJBB 06 06R

Edit:

Can you also check whether there is probably more than one runways.txt file? And please can you send me the entire runways.txt file and also all the logfiles to support@aivlasoft.com

Hi Vittoria,

as far as I can see from the program code there must be something wrong while EFB tries to read the runways.txt file. The screenshot with the procedure selector from the arrival chart shows the runway identifiers "06" and "24". This is an indicator that the runways.txt file couldn't be read (otherwise the identifiers must be "06R" and "24L"). Can you check that the runways.txt file is located in the following folder and not anywhere else: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData

BTW: the entries for the runways.txt must be as follows:

RJBB 24 24L
RJBB 06 06R

Edit:

Can you also check whether there is probably more than one runways.txt file? And please can you send me the entire runways.txt file and also all the logfiles to support@aivlasoft.com

Hi,

Awhile back I posted here on the forum because I had the same problem with LIML. CG flyer answered me.The thread is still here I think.Well, what i did now was this. I removed the lines from LIML,saved the file and reset the cache.The problem I had in LIML then came back!I put the lines back and the problem was gone and the runways and approaches are available.This tells me that the runways.txt is being read by the software. EFBs runways.txt is in the right place I think. c:\users\vicky\documents\aiivlasoft\efb\userdata

I have other 2 runways.txt files but they belong to peter dawson's makerunways that is used for radar contact.They are located in program files/locate and in the FSX directory.

I will send you the logfiles and runways.txt

Thank you in advance Urs and CGflyer

Vic

Hi,

Urs just email me and told me I had double space between the runway numbers like 06__ 06R instead of 06_06R. I removed one of them and all is good again.

Thanks a lot for the great program and the prompt and great support !

Vic