Disappearing Ai traffic - is it really a SimConnect problem?

Urs,

I know I have asked this question before but with respect your answer leaves me confused.

When I start a flight and have traffic enabled in EFB I see lots of aircraft at the airport. But during medium / long-range flights they slowly disappear from the interface. You say this is down to a problem with SimConnect.

But I also use SuperTrafficBoard which also relies on SimConnect and this shows all the Ai aircraft in FSX including those at complex airports with many gates.

Why can't EFB 'see' those aircraft if SuperTrafficBoard can? Is it because they may use different versions of SimConnect?

It's particularly frustrating because in all other respects I am happy with EFB v1. Having to buy EFB v2 just to cure this strange problem would be difficult to justify.

Hi Ray,

I guess that EFB is using SimConnect in a way which other add-ons don't.

Because EFB needs to know the aircraft position and other data (altitude, speed, COM, etc, etc), EFB requests every one second this data from SimConnect. As long as SimConnect has enough performance (memory / CPU) it will answer to these requests and for the traffic requests too. The more time you fly the more memory will be allocated by FSX but unfortunately not released (this is a known issue). Therefore SimConnect looses performance and starts to give priority to certain requests but unfortunately not to traffic requests.

In version 2 EFB does no longer use SimConnect instead of FSUIPC. With FSUIPC I have not yet seen this "traffic-loose" behavior.