airport missing

Hello Jean-Louis,

I do not have LFHF in my list of FSX airports, so it does not appear in my EFB list either.

[attachment=0]no-lfhf.jpg[/attachment]

If I'm correct, an FSX airport that also has a wpNavAPT.txt entry should be visible in an EFB list. So is your entry an add-on?? If so, I'd like to find it and add it myself.

Editing the runways.txt file is only needed if there is an FSX entry and a Navigraph SIDSTARS file that disagrees on runway IDs.

Hi Travis,

Yes you're right: my LFHF entry comes from an FSX addon (freeware) I strongly recommand "Occitania VFR" :

http://occitania.gratisim.fr/fs/fsx.htm

Great/excellent job from the devs that covers a pretty nice and large part of France (SW) with a lot of details and nice/funny animations.

- Occitania VFR beta 6 (executable) is the base on which you may add beta 6 update1 + beta 6 update 2

- beta 6 update 1 adds new airports (LFCR/LFIG/LFBS) + LFNB (revision) + some hydrabases HFBS/HBLC

- beta 6 update 2 adds 5 new airports LFHA/LFHL/LFHO/LFHF (that one was not in the list of FSX)/LFIF

I'm afraid all of that stuff is french understandable language. But in case you need any help I would be glad to help.

Classical FSX installation : folder contents to copy/paste in the respective FSX folders. Despite I'm not that good with scenery installation I did it ! "c'est-vous-dire"

I also strongly recommand a helo flight from LFCM to discover this rather recent masterpiece of architectural art that is "Le viaduc de Millau": after takoff hdg NNW following the highway (10NM).

Enjoy your flight ! Best regards

Jean-Louis,

First, thank you for the link to the new scenery!! I'm shy when it comes to running unknown EXEs on my FSX computer, but I did extract from the ZIPped updates LFHF and a few more treasures. [i will extract from the EXE sometime this weekend.]

I borrowed the company Caravan and flew from LFHF to LFCM for some breakfast, and I'm happy to report that the viaduct does indeed look a marvel. I hope this crude snapshot does it small justice:

[attachment=0]viaduc-de-Millau.jpg[/attachment]

As for your question about the runways.txt file, here are the values that I used to have it work with AIRAC 1010:

LFHF 19 18
LFHF 01 36

With best regards,

Hi Travis,

"I'm shy when it comes to running unknown EXEs on my FSX computer...." I do understand that because so am I... but I think you can trust those guys from Occitnia VFR.

BTW, looking closely to your viaduc de Millau.jpg I think some important upper parts of the viaduc are missing....

Please find attached one of mine (hope it will work)

Best regards

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know :

Ruoms-Labeaume LFHF is no longer missing into my EFB airport data-base. This entry (that is not part of FSX airport base list but comes from the "Occitania VFR" free add-on) was missing untill now just because I forgot to run the DP FSX scenery data update.

Since I know that I try not to forget to run the DP FSX scenery data update after any new scenery installation. That's what I did for the following airports :

- Albertville LKLA (not in FSX base list/comes from a LLH free scenery) is well present into EFB airport data-base. Fine !

- L'Alpe d'Huez altiport LFHU (not in FSX base list/comes from a LLH payware scenery) is not present into EFB airport data-base but well present into wpNavAPT.txt and FSX

Strange isn't it ? Any idea ?

Current AIRAC Cycle : 1011 (21/OCT/2010 - 17/NOV/2010) - Rev.1

For those of you who like french altiports (Courchevel/Alpe d'Huez...). Go and visit LLH site :

http://www.llhinfo.com/produits.html

;););)

Jean-Louis,

sorry for the late answer ... we're very busy due to the release of the upcoming version 1.2.0.

After installing the airport LFHU you did a "FSX scenery data update", didn't you? Maybe you still have the logfiles of that session from the DataProvider? Can you see something strange in it?

Jean-Louis,

I did some checking a few days ago, but I've been busy helping Urs with the English manuals and I sort of forgot... mille excuses! (That's the extent of what I remember from my University French - a phrase that I used quite often with girls decades ago. :oops:)

That scenery looks quite wonderful, and since I do not have it, I will have to ask a few questions. First and foremost, I see a greatly sloped runway in many screenshots - am I correct in that LFHU does not have any non-sloped runways?

Do you have a utility (such as Airport Design Editor?) that would allow you to open the airport's BGL and read some details about runway 6/24's position / width / length / altitude? If so could you send that data to us... in a PM if you like.

I am only speculating here - my initial thoughts are that the designers could have used a techinque that could cause EFB to judge LFHU as not a viable airport. But to move beyond assuming "what could be," Urs would need some data from the scenery.

With regards,

Thanks very much to both of you

Understand you're very busy with the upcoming version release ! In other words, as my request is not that important, please consider I'm not expecting a quick answer.

Did I see something abnormal in the logfile when running FSX scenery data update after LLH/LFHU scenery installation ? AFAIK I did not !

"am I correct in that LFHU does not have any non-sloped runways?" Yes you are Travis, the single LFHU rwy is 15.5% sloped.

I do not have the utility you are talking about (Airport Design Editor) because I'm still very confused with the FSX SDK installation required to run it.

The LFHU information I can see from the FSX map is :

lat 45°05.31'

lon 006°05.15'

elev 4921ft

rwy 24 lenght 3ft

rwy 06 lenght 3ft

surface nil

the rwy length is really short !! is that due to the strong slope ? ?

I just made a comparison with LFLJ (single rwy 18.6% sloped) :

lat 45°23.90'

lon 006°37.63'

elev 6420ft

rwy 22 lenght 33ft

rwy 04 lenght 33ft

surface nil

Despite the 33ft rwy length LFLJ is well present into EFB database after LLH/LFLJ scenery installation

Hope this will help

Jean-Louis,

I think that could be the issue, but will defer to Urs to "make the call" about it.

A 3ft long runway may intrude on the logic that allows EFB to ignore "crosswind runways." If that's the case, EFB may see an airport with no real runway.

Regards,

Jean-Louis,

It could be that a possible future (post 1.2.0) version of EFB could allow for some mechanism that might allow the "too short" rule to be overridden for specific circumstances - which might allow LFHU to be rendered somewhat correctly in EFB.

I hope there were enough hedges in that sentence to allow even me to wiggle out of anything.... :)

Regards,

Salut Urs et Travis,

OK LFHU 3ft rwy length is too short to be accepted as a "real" rwy. Anyone can understand that...

But what about LFLJ 33ft rwy length ? Is that long enough to be accepted as it is ?

(LLH told me FSX does not know what a sloped rwy is. It is therefore necessary to cheat when programming scenery)

"It could be that a possible future" yes Travis there were enough hedges in that sentence to allow you ...

:):):)