VATSIM Freq Question

I'm a very new user of Aiviasoift EFB and had a question about VATSIM frequency selection. Where does EFB get it's frequency informationm and does the Aiviasoft display iindicate if the particul;ar frequency is active?  When departing a large airport such as KPHL (Philadelphia) there are several frequencies listed for the various functions such as clearence, ground controil, tower etc. I'm still learning how to operate the program but this one has me stumped. I've cvecked the Data Provider and Display Unit log files but they are both empty (0 bytes).

Thanks. So far ;love the program.

Hi,

Where does EFB get it's frequency informationm and does the Aiviasoft display iindicate if the particul;ar frequency is active?

the information about the frequencies comes from the data which is downloaded every 2 minutes from Vatsim or every 5 minutes from IVAO. EFB shows all the frequencies to be expected along your route. If no acitve frequency is available in a certain area, the UNICOM frequency is shown.

To get online data refreshed you have to start the data download from the route setup page. For more details on flying online, please see the manual, section 10 "Flying online".

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hi Urs

As mentioned above EFB is showing the UNICOM frequency 122.80. This frequency is correct except for Brazil and South Africa.

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=38243 says:

«In the case of Brazil and South Africa, different frequencies are used because 122.800 is a frequency used by ATC in those countries and published charts and procedures detail 122.800 for use. The designated UNICOM frequency in Brazil is 123.450, in South Africa it is 124.800.»

Is it possible to ad that on a next version of EFB?

Regards

Felix