runways greyed out

Hi,

I today i encoutnerd a problem that I cannot duplicate. basically I tried building a flight plan lfpg-liml and I got this error which is explained in the aivlasoft manual:

*quote from the log*

2010-09-07 16:30:11,359 [1] INFO AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - TcpConnector started.

2010-09-07 16:30:11,369 [1] INFO AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Provider is ready and running ...

2010-09-07 16:30:49,889 [13] INFO AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - New connection from 192.168.0.2 accepted.

2010-09-07 16:30:52,369 [1] INFO AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Request for Airport [LFPG] from '192.168.0.2' received.

2010-09-07 16:30:53,849 [1] INFO AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Request for Airport [LIML] from '192.168.0.2' received.

2010-09-07 16:30:53,889 [1] WARN AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Navdata runway ident 17 at airport LIML could not be assigned to FSX runway.

2010-09-07 16:30:53,889 [1] WARN AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Navdata runway ident 18 at airport LIML could not be assigned to FSX runway.

2010-09-07 16:30:53,889 [1] WARN AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Navdata runway ident 35 at airport LIML could not be assigned to FSX runway.

2010-09-07 16:30:53,889 [1] WARN AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Navdata runway ident 36 at airport LIML could not be assigned to FSX runway.

2010-09-07 16:30:53,889 [1] INFO AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Available FSX runways at this airport are as follows: 18L, 36R, 18R, 36L

*end of quote*

I read the instructions on how to correct it but I didn't undertsand how to do it right.

I tried now,again, to build the same flight plan and I do not get the error anymore but all the runways at Linate are grayed out.Same goes for the arrival plates.

Can you please help ?

Thanksss

Vic

Good day Vic,

I'm using stock FSX scenery for LIML and I get the same warnings as you posted, so I would hope that these steps will solve your problem for now:

1. In your "runways.txt" file, add these four lines. Then save the file.

LIML 18L 18 
LIML 18R 17
LIML 36L 35
LIML 36R 36

This file can be found in your PC's "Documents" folder, under \AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\.

2. If EFB is already running, refresh your airport data cache by going to your DisplayUnit's SYSTEM button, then clicking SETTINGS, then the Miscellanous tab, then clicking "Reset airport data cache."

That should do it. Now you should have runways 18 and 36 available for Departure, Arrival and Approach:

[attachment=0]liml-apps.jpg[/attachment]

If something is still amiss, please post back with the details.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I will try and do what you suggested. In the meantime. What I don't understand is how do you pick/pair those numbers like:

----

LIML 18L 18

LIML 18R 17

LIML 36L 35

LIML 36R 36

------------

why the 18 right after the 18L. It could be that the runway is now 17 and not 18...

I guess my problem is there i can't figure out what numbers go where and beside what.

I prob didn't make myself clear. If i didn't i will try to rephrase :-)

Thanks

Hi Vic,

As I can see Travis just gave you the only and right answer to your problem

Quoting you "I will try and do what you suggested. In the meantime. What I don't understand is how do you pick/pair those numbers like..."

May I suggest you to read the manual again and again and again as most of us did ? I know it looks like boring to read all that stuff many times but pretty useful believe me.

Regards

Jean-Louis

Hi Vic,

maybe you didn't see the explanation at the top of the runways.txt file?

here it is:

// Aivlasoft EFB, Runway assignment table: FSX runway to Navdata runway
// Copyright by AivlaSoft - www.aivlasoft.com
//
// *** %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
// *** it is important to always define ALL runways from an airport, 
// *** whether they have changed or not! 
// *** %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
//
// General)
// Column 1: ICAO 4-letter code of the affected airport
// 
// A) if the designator of an existing runway in FSX has been replaced/changed:
// Column 2: Designator of the FSX-Rwy
// Column 3: Designator of the corresponding Navdata-Runway
//
//  if a runway in FSX does no longer exist in reality (and therefore is no longer listed in Navdata)
// Column 2: Designator of the FSX-Rwy
// Column 3: 'nil' (without quotation marks)
//
// C) if a runway in reality (and in Navdata) is existing, but is not available in FSX
// *** this case is not possible to assign ***
// 
// ICAO FSX Navdata
CYHZ 06 05
CYHZ 24 23
CYHZ 15 14
CYHZ 33 32
PAOM 09 10
PAOM 27 28
PAOM 02 03
PAOM 20 21
EDDP 08 08L
EDDP 26 26R
EDDP 10 nil
EDDP 28 nil

BTW: If the runway identifiers are grayed out (when you opened the procedure selector) means that no procedures are available for these runways and therefore they cannot be selected.

Vic,

The "pairing" that I came up with came from a simple deduction made from a lucky coincidence.

Let's start with the coincidence. There are only two strips at LIML. (Two strips make four runways, but you know that.) One of the strips is long enough to be used by most jetliners whereas the other is best suited for small GA aircraft.

I played a hunch that there would be no SID/STAR/IAP for the GA strip and I looked into the LIML.TXT file in the \SIDSTARS\ folder. There I saw all of the procedures were tagged to RWY18 and RWY36.

From that it was easy peasy to deduce that the longer runway was 18/36.

Then I used Urs' method of "ICAO FSXID NAVIGRAPHID" - as he just noted - to write one line for each runway.

I flushed the DisplayUnit's cache, loaded up an ILS approach, and verified that the approach path was straight and true.

However if chance had given us runways of similar lengths and/or procedures for more than two, then I could have tried one of several methods:

• 1. Research an authoritative answer to the runway renaming, such as the airport's real-world website.
    2. Make a blind guess at a proper assignment, and then confirm my assumptions by seeing if "my" charts drew straight approaches, or if a "jog" in the approach vector occurs.

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,