Sneak peek of Version 1.2.0

Hello everyone,

Urs has been working on various fixes as well as a few new features for EFB 1.2.0 and I've gotten the green-light to share a few early-in-testing screenshots with everyone.

The usual "it's still in testing" caveats apply to these and future screens:

• Anything in these screens may change between now and the time of the final release.
    There is no ETA for release. "It's done when it's done."
    There is no guarantee that there will be a release. (Life is like that, unfortunately....)

With that said, please feel free to comment and enquire. Urs or I will be as clear or cryptic as possible. :)

First is the new METAR screen. Any airport (origin – destination – alternate) in an active route can be selected from a picklist, and FSX and NOAA wx information will be fetched and decoded. (This screen shows a NOAA METAR only. FSX wx strings have gobs of upper-level wind/temp/visibility information.)

Following that are a few sample screens showing the new Approach Profile view that many of us have been waiting for! In these screens you'll notice:

• OM and MM icons in the diagrams
    Different descent rates where noted – i.e., the descent angle changes from IAP to RWY
    Runway length and approach course offset values in the Briefing Strip
    The color of the land surface is not orange-y – it’s user selectable
    The not-yet-named "approach diagram toolbar" which allows certain screen elements to be hidden

[attachment=1]120-1.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]120-2.png[/attachment]

Apostolos,

I don't want to sound like the proverbial "broken record" but like Procedure Turns, the sparseness of STAR and IAF holds comes from the lack of them in the SIDSTAR data.

They're rare, but EFB has been able to chart them for several revisions. Here's an IAF hold that I found by searching the data files....

[attachment=0]iaf-hold.png[/attachment]

Hello Travis

I was a little uncertain whether or not to purchase EFB, not because of what EFB can but due to the price, after some ringing with myself I decided to go ahead and purchase a license key (today). Now I have just read your post and learnt that version 1.2.0 is on the way.

Will this version be available to all EFB key holders or had I better of waited?

Regards

Grahame

• 4 weeks later...