Activate Approach

Version is EFB 1.1.0

Issue: When Activate Approach my spot plane disappears and I do not see the approach plates. I see nothing but the wind indicator, the track line and the airport. No approach plate at all.

Any idea as to why this happens...it happen in prior version, but not at every airport. Also, can you just pull up the approach plate without using the STAR or Fixes. This would be very helpful.

Of course one can look at the airport information and get the landing aids. However, what you are missing is the Init Altitude, MDA, and the missed approach.

I'm using FSX, SP2 and AP.

Display is on a seperate computer via network

Thanks for any help.

-Realkewl

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience! Could you please provide us with some detailed information concerning airport name, approach name, runway name so I can try to reproduce it? Another information that might be helpful is to know what Navigraph airac cycle you have installed on your computer?

As for the missing information I can tell you that EFB only can show/display the information that is available from either FSX or Navigraph. If none of them provides certain information like initial climb clearance, MDA or any other similar information, EFB unfortunately cannot present it to you.

BTW: according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real life first name. Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry about the name I read that after I hit the submit button.

Anyway, the airport is KCLT (Charlotte, NC USA) approach 18L

The AIRAC Cycle is the version installed cycle 0911 rev.1

Thanks for the help,

-Ray

Hi Ray,

thank you for providing this information. First I would recommend to download the latest installer (http://www.aivlasoft.com/download/AivlaSoft.Efb.Setup_v1.1.0.exe.zip) because this installer contains a newer Navigraph airac cycle (1003) than on your computer is installed. Just run the installer and you will get the 1003 cycle.

Secondly I saw that a message box appears when selecting KCLT which tells me that the FSX identifiers of the runways are not matching the identifiers from the Navigraph data (Maybe this occurs only with 1003?). Did you manage the addition in the runways.txt file or does it not happen with 0911?

Hi Ray,

I don't know if it would make a difference for you, but are you using the stock KCLT or the ImagineSim/WorldAirports version? (Or a different version?)

KCLT 18L should be ok, but the old 18R/36L from FSX is 18C/36C as far as Navigraph is concerned, and I don't have the new 18R/36L.

KCTL 05 05
KCTL 18L 18L
KCTL 18R 18C
KCTL nil 18R
KCTL nil 36L
KCTL 36L 36C
KCTL 36R 36R

[ahem] I'm still trying to sort out my runways.txt entries for the ImagineSim KCLT too - and I'm still getting the runway data mismatch too. ;)

And Urs is correct, you do want a newer AIRAC than 0911. That version was missing so many altitude fixes that it wasn't funny. Even thinking about a profile view using that AIRAC was impossible. Yep, that was impossible....

I'm looking at ILS 18L and the approach runs from GILGE to the FAF at QUWED. (Hmm, I see that GILGE is still missing an altitude fix, but at least QUWED is noted at 3000....)

Navigraph doesn't include DA/DH/MDA values so EFB makes a "best guess" at what the values should be. EFB uses 200' for a standard ILS approach. Navigraph does include Missed Approach data - for ILS 18L it's is a left turn and a right hold at NEALO.

Could you upload a screenshot of what you're seeing when you Active Approach? It might help in a diagnosis.

Regards,

Hello,

Urs, thanks for the update..I will tonight download and install airac cycle (1003), and yes I got the message box notifying me that the runways are not matching in cycle (0911), was just being lazy and did not modify the runways.txt file.

Travis,

Yes, I am using ImagineSim's KCTL airport, boy am I sorry I bought this product; FPS are really really bad...into the single digits. My computer spec are ok, not the top I can run FSX-SP2 AP at just about Max and all airports expect a few give me issues, but this one from ImagineSim is causing me grief.

Specs:

Intel i7-860

8 GB of Ram

Vista 64

However, I do run three monitors using (2) Geforce GT8800 OC 512MB (I think this is my bottle neck), thinking about purchasing two Geforce GTX 460 this weekend. Unless of course you have a better recommendation...

Anyway, got off track, I'll keep you posted, I will try it this evening.

Thanks for the support guys,

Ray

Ray,

Our PCs don't appear to be that different. Biggest difference I see is that is I'm running a GTX-260 with FSX in one window. I get 15-30 FPS at ImagineSim KCTL depending on what I'm doing, so I would expect that if you moved up to 400-series cards, you should see an improvement. (I'm assuming you're running FSX in all three windows.)

I'm not a h/w guru, so take my advice with grains of both salt and asprin. :D I landed at stock KLAX last night in a CS-727 and was faced with 9 FPS while taxiing....

I had a like/dislike relationship with the ImagineSim demos - they shimmered too much for my taste, but my wife bought me the "WorldAirports 3" versions on DVD and they turned out to be much better than the demo versions, go figure.

Here's an update. After installing the latest airac cycle(1003) ... note I installed it only on the system that runs FSX, since I have the two system setup. I am now able to get a lot more ILS approach plates. KCTL approach plates work good now. HOWEVER, the problem is still with ImagineSim software. KTCL is still unflyable even after I purchased and installed two brand new GTX 460 1GB VC (video cards). FPS is in the low single digits.

Travis, yes I am running FSX on all three monitors. Front monitor gives me the front view, left monitor gives me a view from the left and right does the same thing. This is accomplished by opening a new window in FSX and dragging unto the other monitors and resizing it and all that jazz.

I am with you Travis on ImagineSim's downloads. I bought three airports KCTL, KATL, and KIAD. From simMarket (that's another issue I'll save for a rainy day) I am very disappointed in their product and will not purchased anything else from them. Glad your DVD was better, because these airports are unflyable at least on my system of three monitors.

HOWEVER, there's another problem which I will create a new thread for. When running AivlaSoft and ImagineSim KATL...AivlaSoft crashes and causes FSX to crash. Only happens at this airport. Hmmm....ImagineSim what are you guys doing...not QA that's for sure.

-Ray