Aerosoft Airbus X Extended

Guest William

Guest William

Any plans to include the facility in the current version to transfer a flight plan to the aircraft or alternatively is there a way to do it already? I have only recently got it and am finding flight planning a very steep curve compared to the NGX.

EDIT - I mean other than using ConvAXE route (of which I have found out I have the earlier version now updated). Just trying to cut out a step or three.

Hi William,

can you send me some AXE flight plans (-> support@aivlasoft.com)? So I can have a closer look and then decide whether a flight plan handler can be implemented easily or not. Thanks in advance.

Since I know from the past that AXE could not handle directs in the flight plan (only airways), I would be interested in a flight plan which crosses the Atlantic, or is using direct waypoints in another way than the NATs.

Hi William,

as far as I can see the CoRte format still doesn't support "directs" in a route. I tried it with trans Atlantic routes or any other route which consists of a DCT instead of a valid airway name. No luck.

Are there other Airbus Extended users here in this forum who made other experiences with the CoRte format than I described above?

Hello Urs,

Sinds the Airbus a320/321 (extended) V1.10 update came out, are the flight plans individual (no textfile corte any more).

Mayby it is possible to export now directly from the efb into the airbus.

Kind regards

Sander

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

after some email conversation with Aerosoft we have learned that the current version of their flight plan data format doesn't support direct (DCT) waypoints. Only the pattern "waypoint - airwayname - waypoint" is currently supported. They also told us that direct waypoints will be supported with some of the next updates.

Since EFB allows the creation of flight plans with direct waypoints, we decided to wait creating a flight plan handler until this is also supported by the Aerosoft Airbus Extended flight plan data format.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is a holiday here in the US, so I'm starting the slow update of my Aerosoft Airbus Extended fleet on my new PC.

I know there's been changes in the AAXE route file and the data so assuming that I get everything running today, I'll begin tinkering with my test plans and once I have something solid in mind, I'll dust off my really rusty coding skills and work on an export module.

I will retain my damnably foolhardy nature and post a planned release of such for the end of September. At least that's my plan. I and me alone* are the responsible parties for delivery. Void where prohibited. Sorry Tennessee. :P

*"'I and me alone' LLC - non-registered trademark of no one."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...