Majestic Dash 8 and EFB

The original release doesn't, I'm not sure about the Service Pack 1 version, I haven't tried it yet. And by doesn't work, I mean the flight logging doesn't work at all. You can actually see the aircraft moving in the moving map but that's about it, don't expect to be able to tune the radios or anything like that from within EFB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just noticed your post regarding the Majestic Dash 8 and EFB.

While the original instal of the Dash 8 didn't seem to show up on the EFB I flew yesterday with both the Dash update installed and the EFB running and everything worked fine and my aircraft showed up as you'd expect.

You have probably sorted this by now anyway but just wanted to mention it.

Happy flying

Thanks

I have been holding off buying mainly to see what people think of the aircraft and waiting for the inevitable bugs to be squashed but also as I love EFB and would feel cheated if a good aircraft wasn't recognised.

All I need do now is find where my wife has hidden my credit card. :-)

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

The majestic's radios do not tie into the default radio systems in the same way as 99.5% of other aircraft, so it's not possible at this time to tune them externally. Majestic say they are going to change this in the future, but with two other versions still in the pipeline and a few high priority bugs to overcome it may be a long while before we see this changed.