AI traffic not showing

Hi guys,

I am not seeing AI traffic on the charts despite having the correct options ticked (charts, traffic, AI + Online etc). My own plane appears correctly in red.

I've tried reinstalling EFB three times to no avail. Other tools such as FS Commander display the AI fine and I can't figure out why EFB won't. It's the same story for Vatsim traffic.

Any ideas please?

Cheers.

David,

can you see traffic with the 'AI aircraft monitor' (starting from the DataProvider's menu)?

Hi Urs,

Thanks for your reply, I'm away from home right now but I'll check when I get back.

David

David,

can you see traffic with the 'AI aircraft monitor' (starting from the DataProvider's menu)?

Just to let you know Urs, I checked the AI aircraft monitor and saw around 25 aircraft in the list, yet for some reason they still do not show on the charts.

Thanks in advance.

David

Just to let you know I appear to have fixed it, here's how I did it:

I tried re-installing EFB but that did not change anything. However in the display module settings I clicked the Set to Defaults button.

After this I ticked the boxes for the AI and Online traffic and the AI planes appeared as they should, even when I was on Vatsim.

Apologies as I should have tried this before but I mistakenly assumed that re-installing EFB would have reset all options anyway.

Thanks and sorry for bothering you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I ma having the same problem and I thought I would tag on this thread already started on the same subject, even if the OP had his problem solved ... lucky him :)

Traffic settings are as suggested in the Installation manual.

Ai Traffic monitor gets filled after starting a flight and I can see AI Traffic flying around me. However no AI Traffic can be seen in the Display Unit, neither airborne nor on the ground.

I tried and reset to defaults, like the OP did. No luck on my side.

The traffic add-on I am using is MyTraffic X 54b and the following are my settings for Traffic in FSX

[TrafficManager]

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=2

AirlineDensity=30

FreewayDensity=20

GADensity=30

IFROnly=0

LeisureBoatsDensity=40

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=40

My hardware: i7 2600 - GTX 660 Ti - 16GB RAM - HDD= WD Black Caviar 1Tb

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nic

Urs,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I emailed you the requested file.

Few more things I had forgotten to mention:

1. I keep getting the error message on green tape: "ERROR: Please lower the amount of AI traffic configured. (More than 1000 simultaneous SimConnect requests!)"

2. I use two monitors. FSX is run in window mode one the main monitor, with the Display Unit on the secondary monitor, alongside REX window.

Not sure if the above can have an effect.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Cheers

Nic

EDIT: I have gone through the Operations Manual (release August 2011) and I have a sickening feeling that the answer may lay at page 19 of Section 7 - Charts, which I did overlook earlier on.

I may be able to check that only this evening (UTC + 8). And, if that is the case, I will be very embarrassed and I would deeply apologize for wasting your time.

With that been said, if you have any idea about the error message from SimConnect, in case it is related to the EFB, it will help solving something that has been bugging me for months and which I wish to resolve soon, or in the worse scenario by yet another formatting and clean installation at some point in my rare spare time :)

Dear Urs,

This is an official apology.

It is as I suspected ... all I had to do was to click on the TRFC button, which I didn't know it even exists.

Please bear with me. Trying to squeeze in some leisure time in my already limited spare time and not always having the time to read the manuals ... in this case, I was actually reading the wrong manual and by chance I started reading the Operation Manual :oops:

I am sorry!

Kind regards

Nic

PS ... I could still use any hints about the SimConnect error message :?

Hi Urs,

Thanks a lot again. :D

That Andydigitals post was very helpful and it saved me from wanting to do yet another reformat and reinstall of everything ... I thought, in fact, it was an installation problem.

Now I know where to look for trying and solving the problem ... I am going to try an external frame limiter. Fingers crossed.

Cheers and happy weekend,

Nic