One monitor or two or two computers and two monitors?

I'm getting to know the EFB demo and am impressed with it's functionality. These days I fly mostly PMDG heavies so this product could be a good fit.

I'm interested in the advantages and disadvantages of the various configurations of monitors and computers that are possible. I have a fairly strong system but don't want to slow it down.

Thank you

Bill,

I'm also flying the PMDG 744 ... and I'm using EFB on the same computer than FSX is running. The DisplayUnit runs on a second monitor. No problems in my opinion. If you run the DisplayUnit on a separate computer connected through a network I assume you also won't slow down your FSX computer.

Any users that can tell about their experience?

If the developer is praising its own software it always sounds good 8-).

Bill,

I've a similar setup - a beefy primary PC with dual monitors and a secondary computer (an old P4 laptop) which I can use to host an EFB DisplayUnit.

To be honest, unless I need the other monitor on my PC for some other task (like work for instance. ;) ) I end up with a single-PC session; FSX running in my primary monitor and the EFB DisplayUnit in the other.

I'd suggest that you try running the DisplayUnit on your FSX PC for a few flights and get the feeling of how FSX and your add-ons interact. Then run the DisplayUnit on your other PC for a few other flights so you can compare the system(s) performance. I think you'd be the best judge of that.

Keep outta those trees....