hello folks im trying the demo version of EFB and i like it a lot , im tring to learn charts and procedures and this is an exellant way to do thaat.

however i do have a problem, im running a network with other software ( radar contac , flightsim commander , ASE , widefs , ) they all work very well and when i loaded your software there were no problems setting up the network.

1. does the data base on the server have to be started first before FSX or is there a way to do this automatically.

2. is EFB suppose to update in the middle of flying and everything goes blank, very annoying.

EFB is going to be a very inportant addition to my system if i can get it configured right.

im sure im missing something here , and i have read the manuals several times already, i just need a little push.

Thanks....Robert

Robert,

1. does the data base on the server have to be started first before FSX or is there a way to do this automatically.
I'm not sure whether you mean the EFB-DataProvider if you talk about the "database on the server"? The DataProvider should be started before the DisplayUnit, but only for the first time use (until it has created the database). After the initial creation of the database it doesn't matter whether you start FSX or EFB-DataProvider or EFB-DisplayUnit first.

2. is EFB suppose to update in the middle of flying and everything goes blank, very annoying.
I'm not aware of such an "in-middle-of-the-flight" problem. Could you please describe this in more details?

well i guess im confused , i have your software loaded on two machines data provider on the server and the display on the second computer.

all works well except for i dont know what you mean by start up.

if all is working well and i start up fsx on com 1 and then i start up data disply unit it will not connect unless i start the data base on the first com.

and while in flight it will want to update and black out the screen and then return to flight.

well i guess im confused , i have your software loaded on two machines data provider on the server and the display on the second computer.

all works well except for i dont know what you mean by start up.

if all is working well and i start up fsx on com 1 and then i start up data disply unit it will not connect unless i start the data base on the first com.

Hi Robert,

Your two-computer setup is a good one. If I understand your situation here, you have to start both the DataProvider and FSX on your computer #1 - there's no auto-launch facility that would allow one to start the other.

The DisplayUnit connects to the DataProvider, which connects to FSX. If the DataProvider is not running, DisplayUnits will sit there trying in vain to connect.

You can start either FSX or the DataProvider first, the order doesn't matter. (I usually run the DataProvider and the DisplayUnit before FSX to plan out my route, and then start FSX and then all of my other add-ons.)

Regards,

Robert,

while in flight it will want to update and black out the screen
What you describe is most probably due to the "UTC synchronize" function. Please see the DataProviders settings, (Menu "Extras", "Settings" -> "Miscellaneous" tab) and then uncheck the UTC synchronize option. This will prevent the "black out" screen.

it will not connect unless i start the data base on the first com.
The DataProvider (hence the name) provides the data for the DisplayUnit. Therefore the DisplayUnit cannot run until the DataProvider has been started.