EFB in conjunction with Citation X causes CTD

One year ago I had some Problems with the EFB in conjunction with FSUIPC and the Citation X (see my post from 19.02.12). Now I reinstalled my entire system (Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, FSX) and installed the latest version of the EFB (1.3.7). Now I don't have a problem with FSUIPC but flying the Eaglesoft Citation X together with the EFB causes always CTD. Sometimes during take off sometimes already at the gate. Am I the only one having those problems (because I didn't find any post about it) and what could be the reason? I got an error message in EFB but it is pretty long (7 pages) and I don't want to post it here. But if anyone believes he can read that error message (I can't) I would send it immediately to get a chance to solve the problem.

Regards

Axel

It is good to know that it works on your system and it gives me some hope that I will be able to use both EFB and the Citation as well. I've just tried to do a flight from Innsbruck to Sion and I had a CTD at the time I was still at the ramp. I will send the error message with the logfiles to you Urs.

Axel

I forgot to answer the question about the airacs. Yes, I installed airac 1302 for all my addons and I hope they are all in the correct directory. But Aivlasoft's airac is called 1302v2. Does it matter?

Axel

Urs,

Thank you for your email. On the one hand I am happy that the problem seems not to be caused from EFB or the Citation but on the other hand there is now a huge variety of possible reasons. I will let you know what the reason was if I will find it.

Axel

After hours of testing and checking everything coming in my mind I found the solution finally just by chance. So far I have done my flights always in the following order: starting EFB, plan and safe a route, start the FSX. Result: CTD. Then I started at first the FSX and placed the Citation at the ramp at the airport and started afterwards the EFB for planning issues. You know what? It worked, no CTD. I don't know whether it is written down anywhere in the manual that I have to start FSX first and then EFB and whether that should be the normal procedure. But normally I plan at first the route. However, now it works and I can use both programmes :D .

Axel

Thanks Axel for your reply. From my point of view there is no explicit sequence to follow when starting up FSX and EFB. At least I don't follow a certain sequence. Anyway I'm glad to hear that you can use the program now and you can enjoy flying the Citation ;-).

For reference my workflow is

Flightsim machine

TrackIR

OpusFSX

FSX

Avilasoft data provider

Select depart airport and spot in FSX

Set time in FSX

Load up Citation X

Set fuel (http://fuelplanner.com/ plus 1000 lbs always does it for me)

Fly Now in FSX

2nd machine

Aivlasoft display

VatSpy (for VATSIM)

nDAC (charts)

Route setup in Aivlasoft (http://www.edi-gla.co.uk/fpl/ is where I look first) - save route

Citation X Checklist to ATIS/Clearance/FMS

Squawkbox (for VATSIM) (crashes without power to the radios)

Activate Route (picks up VATSM radios then)

Save flight then VoxATC if off line

Carry on after as normal