No metar available

Hi all,

as subject there is no metar available, this is happening since the last update, before always worked without problems.

The NOAA URL is: tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/stations. I've tried to load some screenshots but it is impossible.

Any help please. Thanks.

Carlos

• 3 weeks later...
Carlos,

I intended to say that I was on the US West Coast - accessing that URL should be easy for me. :)

What happens when you try to browse this URL - ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/stations/ ?

You should see an FTP directory listing.

OK, didn't understand :oops:

Yes that's the address in the weather settings. Does not matter, I'm getting METAR from Active Sky.

Thanks a lot for answers.

Carlos

Carlos,

I haven't received the logfiles you mentioned. When did you send them? Anyway I thought that this report has become obsolete since you wrote "Does not matter, I'm getting METAR from Active Sky".

I copied the content of your post and then removed it here in the forum, just to save space and improve readability.

From the content you provided herein I can only say that there is no error or warning entry from the built-in FTP service, therefore I must assume that the problem is beyond of EFB. Dave (see some posts above) also sent the logfiles but there we could find an entry which pointed in the direction of a router configuration issue.