Installing updates

I have been a passive user during the summer months and am trying to start EFB again. Previously everything was functioning normally. I have a distrubuted setup with two computors. My questions are:

1. Why do I get an error message when I start EFB - Display Unit? - Formsplash is not answering, Dataprovider folder doesn't exist or is not available.

2. I have downloaded the July update to my FSX computor and Display Unit. I still get the error, "Formsplash is not answering" and the program seems to freeze when trying to "Connect DataProvider". I have checked that the two folders are shared.

jsmcwilliam

Thank you for your response URS. Here follows my answer to your questions:

1. My display computor was running on a mobile internet connection during the summer but apart from that I cannot remember any significant changes. Now that I'm back in town everything else is running normally.

2. On the FSX unit the dataprovider seems to show normal settup info.

3. I have done a reinstall of the Aivlasoft software but the problem remains - I never get past "Connecting DataProvider" on the display unit. Each time I try to startup I have to log into my local network first but that has always been the case.

4. I've checked using explorer to make sure I can see the FSX computer from the display unit.

5. The DataProvider indicator on the display unit top left is red and the UTC time doesn't match the computor time shown on both units and the dataprovider on the FSX computor - it's exactly 2 hrs behind! Bottom left Loading... is indicated and if I click on that it changes to OK. The only option available on the menu is System.

jsmcwilliam

From JsMcWilliam:

I enclose the screens associated with the above to clarify my problem.[attachment=2]DP-after startup on FSXU.png[/attachment][attachment=1]DU-menu after startup.png[/attachment][attachment=0]DU-settings-1.png[/attachment]

See next mail for final screens.