Question to developers

Hi firstly I must say I am happy I have purchased efb it is really no enhancement and useful tool as for off line and online flying . My question is regarding to sound anhancement where so far there are two option for sound when activating plan and when waypoint reached. Will there be any options in the future for more like when on taxi way clear for take of could be play, cruise altitude , descent, transition etc . Many different flight situation are recognize when flying and I am sure users would have a chance to add they preferable announcement . As I say at first I am happy with efb and there are surely more importante things to deal with . Cheers petr

Hi im using fs captain with fs flight keeper for tracking for VA but non of them can actualy know what have what face of the flight you are in . As approuch taxing on ground, departure, step climb , arrival with efb it would accurate as you always update any changes to your flight plann . With this two will never happened unless you manualy select appropriate announcement . It is still good thought but perhaps one day there would be more flexibility to when and what to announce . Cheers petr

Petr,

this feature (sort of) will be available in version 2. I don't know yet whether it will be possible to play individual sound files per each trigger or only one certain file when the flightphase changes. Too early to make promises ;-).

Petr,

I've made recordings for both FS Captain and Multi Crew Experience that are automatically triggered when approacing the current transition altitude. I don't see why I couldn't do another small set for EFB 2. :)

Possibly I could see a need for a "Top of Climb" and "Approaching Top of Descent" callouts too.

Some phase transitions such as "Ready for takeoff" would need to be manually triggered. Sure, an add-on can know you're on a runway, and even know that you're aligned in the direction of the runway... but it can't know what you are about to do. Maybe you're going to taxi? Maybe a passenger has taken ill? Maybe you're waiting for clearance while a little Fokker is clearing the runway?? :roll:

I will say there is a very cool aural feature that I hope makes it into EFB 2 which will serve pilots well in and around airports. :D

Oh we've all been there... waiting at the hold short line for incoming traffic. They land.. ATC tells us to line up.. it's a Fokker 70 with it's notoriously :roll: slow taxi speed and they take forever to trundle a few thousand feet down the runway to the next "high-speed" off ramp.

Al the while we're waiting.. waiting.. waiting.. waiting.. waiting.. waiting. :roll: