AI Traffic Disappears

Thanks for the reports Suavi and Clive!

And Clive, if you were running WOAI and now are using MTX, then you're using FSX AI. (Plus, we promise not to tell the missus about the switch. :) It's our secret here on the Internet.)

I only wanted to confirm that you were not using UT2 nor VA... both of which use SimConnect to create/manipulate AI outside of the built-in FSX methods.

So I'm assuming that everyone is running the latest FS2C versioned service pack? Voice or button? Paper or plastic? :)

I'd like to call out our any lack of action on this front. While Urs is mostly away for a few days, taking a breather, I'm essentially flying blind on this, being without the NGX and this version of FS2C.

And without a reply from our last question to PMDG, I'd have to ping Bryan totally out of the blue with a "what could possibly be going on?" question which would not seem fair to raise with him just yet. That is, without a direct causal relationship being established.

i have do in the last few days 3 flights from LSZH-LOWW , LOWW-LSZH and LSZH to EDDT for me all works fine after the downgrade fsuipc to 4.80 last week.

I flight ngx 737 , fs2c , ut2 and as2012 . The only one that i do at all flights, after runway entry proc , i turn off the vsd mode.

Peter

Guest William

One thing to possibly check is the [MAIN] section of the fsx.cfg. I have found that after deleting TP traffic programs the reference to WorldofAI and UT2 Aircraft (and possible My_Traffic do not get deleted from the SimObjectPaths. This needs to be done making sure that sequential numbering is kept intact. As an online IVAO member I have also promoted IVAO_MTL to second in the list. Probably won't making any difference at all but no harm in keeping the fsx.cfg clean. Also after deleting an addon I delete everything in the [TRUSTED] section and let it rebuild on next startup. Oh - just one more thing - and if you feel comfortable with it delete unnecessary items in the dll.xml - Wilco/Feelthere for one is a terror for putting things in and not removing them. Good software companies make a backup of the xml file when they install - others don't. :evil:

Hello,

The problem is solved in my setup. I upgraded FS2CREW and set the DisableVSD=1 in Fs2Crewdata.ini file as instructed in the new manual of fs2c delivered by the new install pack, and worked for me. I repeated my EDDM-LFMN flight and watched all AI traffic in Aivlasoft throughout the flight. Also I should note that I am using FSUIPC 4.80 registered and reinstalled NGX SP1c per recommendation of Bryan York's upgrade installation instructions. So, probably the trigger of the issue is one of these.

Best regards,

Suavi Akar

Very good news there Captains!

We're hoping for a good result from Clive as well and I'm thinking we can mark this issue as "resolved."

Also after deleting an addon I delete everything in the [TRUSTED] section and let it rebuild on next startup.

Good suggestion; I usually do this a few times each year. Especially soon after the "holiday sales" period where I've seen that I've bought a few new goodies... and that I haven't used so-and-so for ages. :roll:

DisableVSD=1 in Fs2Crewdata.ini file, looks like this is the fix.

Everything is Ok this end. On same flight EGBB>LEMD.

I'm running FSUIPC 4.812D and V1.1 FS2C and SP1C NGX

So I think your're correct Travis, this is resolved

Many thanks everyone

Happy flying

Clive

Hi folks,

I don't want to ruin your solution but DisableVSD=1 in Fs2Crewdata.ini didn't work for my NGX, few minutes after take off whole traffic disappears, as mentioned before by others, restarting DP brings back missing planes. I have no idea why that tweak doesn't work for me, if it works for others. I'm using latest registered FSUIPC 4.812, Ultimate Traffic 2 and FS2Crew.

Hi,

I have just tried FSUIPC F with no avail, later I'll try that earlier D version, right now EFB shows only traffic that was present at the moment of take off, but it's not showing any planes injected into FSX few minutes later.