AI Traffic Disappears

Morning All

On a flight from EGBB>LEMD, not online.

HAd AI traffic out of the UK and about over southern france noticed that the Traffic had gone off of the map in EFB.

Checked 'AI aircraft monitor' and it is blank.

AI is still appearing in the ND(PMDG 737).

I'm using FS2Crew, if that helps.

Advise please

Thanks

Clive

Hi Clive!

Are you using the latest EFB SP??

I'd assume that FS2C would not cause an effect to wipe AI aircraft from EFB, unless FS2C triggers something that would be in the area of the "stuttering" noted in this thread.

Even if that were the case, it seems as if the latest EFB Service Pack has accounted for that issue. (But who knows what other issues could be out there? ;))

Still, the fact that you could restart the DP and have your AI reappear is interesting itself.... :geek:

Well let's narrow down the range of potential causes of this.

And no one is "blaming" anything, so let's be careful of what we say. :)

• Does this happen in a certain phase of flight?
  • If FS2C is running, what state is it in? And is it Voice- or Button-Control? (I've only used the JS41 and default 737 versions, so please bear with me.)
  • Has anyone had this occur without FS2C for the NXG as well as anyone who has had this occur with any other aircraft.

Well let's narrow down the range of potential causes of this.

And no one is "blaming" anything, so let's be careful of what we say. :)

• Does this happen in a certain phase of flight?........after a certain time, not sure when, but will check on next flight
  • If FS2C is running, what state is it in? And is it Voice- or Button-Control? (I've only used the JS41 and default 737 versions, so please bear with me.)..Voice user here, agian not sure will check on next flight
  • Has anyone had this occur without FS2C for the NXG as well as anyone who has had this occur with any other aircraft.

. This has only happened since using FS2C, I've not flown any other plane other than the NGX since FS2C release :lol:

Clive

STOP, have now lost AI traffic, except for 2,which are near me; speedbird 458 going to the same place as me (LEMD) and a Scandinavian 6788 going to DAOO.

DP only shows these to flights also :?

I will restart DP and see what happens

Hmm, if that was a Michael Bay movie, it could have literally scared the skies clear. :roll:

Ok so what was going on in the minutes prior to the AI disappearing? You were at cruise, maybe playing some audio files?

Then the ground chart showed empty on landing?? Did you have aircraft on arrival and approach??

Urs may need to work on an AI logging utility - he's a little tied up this week with outside events, so there may be some time needed on his part to get to this.

For now all I can suggest is that everyone logs the phase of flight that these appear in and also try to log what was happening with the aircraft and other addons.

Clive,

Your detail was fine. It was one log (albeit spread out over multiple posts :lol: ) and the more data that we could gather from you and others would help in tracking down the triggering event(s).

I'm going on the assumption that it's not FS2C itself, but like the "stuttering" problem that it could be FS2C triggering something in the NGX. Of course I could be totally well off base - it could be FS2C itself or it might even have nothing to do with either.

So if after a few flights with FS2C and always losing AI traffic you could do a FS2C-less flight... or even an NGX-less flight... that would help isolate wotintheheckisgoingon.

And one more thing... are you using FSX AI or UT2 AI or VoxATC AI??

Regards,

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have NGX, UT2 AI, Aivlasoft 1.3.2 Sp1 and Ngx sp1c in my setup. I installed fs2crew last weekend and noticed that AI traffic disappear in Aivlasoft DU and DP after a while into the flight. Today I did a test on the EDDM - LFMN route. In the first run I enabled and operated fs2crew and AI traffic dropped to 2 aircrafts after passing TULSI which is the beginning of the route and dropped to none later although there were more than 10 AI aircraft in FSX. Afterwards, I repeated the same flight starting at the same zulu time but disabling fs2crew this time. Well, I am at the initial descend phase to LFMN now and still can see many AI traffic arround. So, I think fs2crew triggers something in this issue.

UPDATE : After writing down this topic, no traffic remained in the DU whereas 17 in FSX. So, there seems no correlation with fs2crew

Just for your information,

Best regards,

Suavi Akar

I am also on a 'non' FS2C flight in NGX and so far so good no AI loss. I'm at cruize over the south of france on my way again to Madrid(LEMD)

I have changed one other thing; I have removed ALL of 'World of AI' and have installed MY TRaffic X Pro 5.4. (don't tell the wife :roll: )

I have 340nm to TOD

clive