Aivlasoft migration/reinstallation

Hello,

As I'm planning to reorganize my hard drive partitions, I would like to make a full migration of all AivlaSoftware currently installed on (E:) partition to a different partition.

I just want to know if a simple "copy/paste" or "cut/paste" or "move to folder" operation/command would do the job or do I need to completly reinstall AivlaSotware from the very beginning ?

Thanks very much

:?::?::?:

NB now registered customer

ontheair,

I would recommend the following procedure:

1) Make a backup of the "UserData" folder to save your aircrafts, checklists, routes, flightlogs, and library contents. The folder can be found as follows:

Windows 7 / Vista:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData

2) Make a backup of your personal license file (AivlaSoft_Efb_V1.dlsc) which can be found as follows:

Windows 7 / Vista:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\AivlaSoft\EFB

3) Reorganize your hard disk(s), partitions, but don't delete your backups ;)

4) Re-install your EFB software using the latest version (or ServicePack, if you installed from CD). The latest version can be downloaded from the AivlaSoft website http://www.aivlasoft.com/download/index.html

5) Restore the license file to its origin folder (which must be created manually before)

6) Run "DataProvider"

7) Run "DisplayUnit"

Thanks very much for your recommendations

Just a few more questions :

- AFAIK there is no desinstaller provided in EFB package. To remove EFB from its current partition before reinstalling it in a different one what do you recommend ? To simply run the window default desinstaller or a similar utility ?

- understood desinstallation will destroy all the EFB file including my license file (AivlaSoft_Efb_V1.dlsc) which I must backup first before desinstallation and restore to its original folder to be created manually, after reinstallation. Correct ?

Thanks ;);)

ontheair,

there IS an uninstaller included in the setup but it is not placed as a menu item in the Windows menu. I assume that Win7 is running on your computer? Open the "Control Panel", then "Uninstall a program". Now you should see a list of all installed programs on your computer. Select "AivlaSoft EFB" and then "Uninstall". This will use the EFB uninstaller.

Uninstall will NOT destroy the license file. I recommended to save the license file because you told about your intentions to rearrange your hard disk and/or partitions. The uninstaller will not remove any file which is your own property, like user data or the license file.

Hope this helps.