Error when creating a new XPlane 12 database

Swiso

Hello,

I just reinstalled Win 10 and Xplane 12 on my PC.

After creating a new database, I see these 4 entries:

"Misleading rwy designator 'W' for row code 100. #5986955 ICAO:XC007T"

"Misleading rwy designator 'W' for row code 100. #5986955 ICAO:XC007T ... (repeated)"

"Misleading rwy designator 'W' for row code 100. #10475678 ICAO:XEDBG"

"Misleading rwy designator 'W' for row code 100. #10475678 ICAO:XEDBG ... (repeated)"

And this error:

"An item with the same key has already been added. #9178178 ICAO:OPOR (runway)"   (used google translate..😬😄)

How I can solve these issues ?

Thanks !

error.PNG

The first four entries are not errors, just information. The other one is an error which is caused by a runway designator which obviously is assigned multiple times at the airport with ICAO code OPOR.

The first four entries have not official ICAO designators, so I have no idea which airports are concerned.

I don't know whether the airport OPOR is provided by XPlane or whether it is an add-on. In any case the file should be fixed.

5 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

The first four entries are not errors, just information. The other one is an error which is caused by a runway designator which obviously is assigned multiple times at the airport with ICAO code OPOR.

The first four entries have not official ICAO designators, so I have no idea which airports are concerned.

I don't know whether the airport OPOR is provided by XPlane or whether it is an add-on. In any case the file should be fixed.

Thanks,

These are the entries in the apt.dat file, what modification I should do ? Maybe delete the 100 lines with the 'W" in it ?

Screen Shot 12-12-23 at 02.15 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 12-12-23 at 02.17 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 12-12-23 at 02.20 PM.PNG

Thanks for the screenshots. I assume that the designator 'W' stands for water. I don't know whether this is an official designator. Maybe EFB is too tight in this regard. Because this is not an error I would recommend to ignore these entries.

Airport OPOR

According to Google Maps there is a second but smaller runway on the right side of 06/24. The smaller runway seems to be the first entry in the file at line number #9178177. Unfortunately the identifiers are not different. I suggest to change the identifiers of the first entry from '6' to '06R' and the identifier from '24' to '24L'.

On the second line (#9178178) I guess the runway width (50.00)  is too wide. According to the measure tape in Google Maps, it's 45.00 meters.

Hi Urs,

I saw your edit and applied your suggestion regarding OPOR airport and database build without error this time. Thanks !

Regarding the "W" indication of the other two voices, here is what I found:

XC007T airport:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/XC007T/show

XEDBG airport:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/XEDBG/show

None are over water.

On 12/15/2023 at 9:16 PM, aivlasoft said:

I have no idea why the runways have these identifiers. Maybe the creator of the scenery can help. But anyway, it's not important for the database building process. The database will be built despite of the warnings. Just ignore them.

That's good.

Thank you very much.