'Active Sky Data File' and AS2012

Guest William

Guest William

I have AS2012 as my weather engine - knocks Rex into a cocked hat as far as I (and many others) am concerned - early morning and early evening skies especially. Anyway enough of the review - what do I use on the weather tab in settings or will this be implemented in v2.

I'm not at home to check my FSX machine, but if I recall, I had to point EFB to the AS2012 weather file in the ApplicationData/Roaming/HiFi (or similar).... section of Windows; you'll find the usual weather file in there. Seems to work just fine for me at least as EFB's weather matches up with what's being reported in AS2012 and my FSCaptain interfaces (EFB is networked in from a laptop to my FSX machine).

I agree, AS2012 is a fantastic product (I used ASE/X-Graphics previously); makes for a beautiful environment!

Guest William

Thanks Scott - I have linked to current_wx_snapshot.txt which is presumably the correct one rather than current_synthesized_wx.txt

Just be thankful chaps that you're not limited to BBC America - with commercials and promos.

I mean, we get same day limited-interruption Doctor Who (yay!) and loads of old Top Gear (yay?), but that's countered by squalls of Graham Norton promos in orange-o-vision and now Mistresses in purple-y-scope.