Red aircraft icon does not show on map

Dear friends at AivlaSoft,

congrats on your product, I heard about it in FSMagazin recently. The EFB is definitely of great help when flying. Five stars !

I am certainly going to buy this product, for starters I have downloaded the 30-day trial version to get used to it. Obviously, I am anxious to use your EFB.

Here is the problem:

when I start FSX (with DataProvider and Display Unit running already), the display unit shows - in the left upper corner - that a connection with FSX has been made. So far so good.

But: I do not see the red aircraft icon on the map, so I have no reference.

Should I reinstall the software ? Where am I missing something ?

I read the Installation / Configuration manual, but something must have slipped my attention.

Thanks for your support, and have a great day.

Kind regards,

Rene (Alder) - an Appenzeller living in Mexico

Pilot of Cyber Air VA - CYB2804 EDDM

Good day renealder!

Have you tried clicking the "moving map" icon on the chart? It would be the left-most icon on the chart and its image looks like an airliner?

This icon should be enabled whenever EFB is connected to FSX and you have a flight in progress.

Regards,

Rene,

you certainly must be an Appenzeller, with this name 8-). Any relations to the famous "Alder-Buebe"?

Sorry, for all who are not familiar with the Swiss "internal affairs". We not only have famous Banks :twisted:, we also have some really good musicians. One of the famous bands here in Switzerland are the "Alder Buebe" (means "Alder Boys").

Re EFB: if the connection between the DisplayUnit and the DataProvider has been established and FSX is running (the status view must show a green "LED") then you only have to activate the "moving map" button, as already explained by GG_Flyer.

Hello Rene,

Thank you for the compliment. I am actually from the San Fransisco Bay Area; my username reflects that I like to fly over/around the Golden Gate (Bridge).

Good luck with your flying and have a wonderful day.

Best regards,

Hello Urs,

I certainly love the "Alder Buebe" and their music, even more so because we live so far from "home" in Mexico. Our family moved out of the Herisau area in the 1950s and has since been around the right side of the Zurichsee. I can still remember the 1963 See-Gfoerni and going to school on skates on the lake.

And: we are not directly related to the Alder Buebe, but - you know - around 5 corners there is always a link. And then there is a lineage of our family that went to the UK in the 19th century.

I am into flight simming since about 1995, and do the Heli-Instruction at Cyber Air. Love flying around Switzerland (scenery: Switzerland Professional X), also a piece of art.

Do I correctly assume you are a Buendner ?

Take care and have a great day.

Best regards

Rene

Hello GG_Flyer

I have very fond memories of the KSFO Bay Area for 2 reasons:

this is the AP I learned finally to capture an ILS with my aircraft, I am into autodydactic learning and had nobody to help at the time. Today I fly for Cyber Air (www.cyber-air.de) and have all the help I need from within and from some of the great add-on producers like AivlaSoft.

And: in 2009 we stopped at San Francisco to visit a friend during a cruise to Alaska.

Great city, like it a lot. You know, at 64 got to enjoy like and cruise once in a while :-)

Have a great day. Bye

Rene

@ Rene:

I'm not a Buendner, but I spent a lot of time in my life in that area. Therefore the company name consists of the word "Aivla" which means "Eagle" in Rhaeto-Romanic.

Rhaeto-romanic is one of the four official languages in Switzerland (besides Italian, French, and German).

Have a great time in Mexico.

• 1 month later...

Hello Urs,

Now I understand Aivlasoft. I like the name now. Even Urs Wildermuth told in his article about EFB (FlightXPress): the name is not a typo. Being Dutch, but living in Schweiz for almost 5 years and regarding my age (there are already kids, who call me grandpa (grosspapi), I don't think, I'm able to learn this Buendner language anymore.

Thanks that I could join the forum

Henk (Altena)