Online flying

A couple of questions related to online flying on IVAO...

- is it possible to manually set the update frequency for online data?

- noticed today flying over Holland that Amsterdam Radar was online looking in ServInfo but in EFB this was not reflected not on the map nor looking at the available frequencies at the top of the EFB window. The IVAO data was newly refreshed so that was not the problem

- there are several 122.8 entries in the list, why is that?

Richard,

- is it possible to manually set the update frequency for online data?

No. The update frequency is defined by IVAO. We are not allowed to reduce the frequency. Sorry.

- noticed today flying over Holland that Amsterdam Radar was online looking in ServInfo but in EFB this was not reflected not on the map nor looking at the available frequencies at the top of the EFB window. The IVAO data was newly refreshed so that was not the problem
Sometimes it might happen that controllers are using callsigns which do not correspond with the definitions in the "firs.dat" file. If so, then EFB cannot assign a certain frequency to a certain FIR/ARTCC area.

there are several 122.8 entries in the list, why is that?
The frequency ribbon shows all the expected frequencies along your route. If you leave a controlled airspace and you enter an uncontrolled airspace you will see the Unicom frequency in the ribbon. If you want to prevent this - especially when crossing only small and uncontrolled areas - please have a look at the manual, section 10, page 8.

A follow-up question...I'm flying GCRR-ESSA and I'm currently in Amsterdam FIR airspace and they are online shown just fine when looking in Servinfo but EFB still hasn't realized they are online although it updated the IVAO data several times already and I noticed this many times now along my flight...it seems EFB for some reason lags behind what FIRs are actually online on IVAO.

Any idea why this is?

Richard,

it seems to be the same problem than already answered in my posting above. Sometimes it might happen that controllers are using callsigns which do not correspond with the definitions in the "firs.dat" file. If so, then EFB cannot assign a certain frequency to a certain FIR/ARTCC area.

No I don't think it's the same thing because the FIR eventually shows up in EFB as "online", it just takes a long while before it happens even though the IVAO data refresh time in EFB indicates a data refresh has been made. If it was caused by the reason you describe it never would show up as online in EFB don't you agree or am I missing something here?

Not a big deal since I also use Servinfo to make sure I always have the latest online status for ATC coverage but of course it would be nice if the latest online data was more reliable in EFB...then I could almost stop using Servinfo :D

• 3 weeks later...