AI Aircraft Disappear

ScottecLEMD

Hi Team,

Happy New Year.  You don't hear from me very often, because the system normally works.

However, recently, possibly after the last update Version 2.3 build #136, I have noticed that, once I depart an airport, I start to lose visibility of other AI traffic.  I know it is there because I can hear the ATC comms, I can see it also on my Active Sky Map. I have Display AI traffic set to +50,000 and -50,000, which has worked flawlessly since I started using V2.  If I sit at an airport and plane spot, it works without issues.  The problem only seems to occur once I depart the airport zone.  as I descend and arrive at my destination, the AI traffic remains lost on the map but present all around.  It is almost as if the EFB is somehow losing data?  I use a mix ot UTL and AIG.  I even restarted UTL but it makes no difference.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Forgot to mention, P3D V5.3!  Also, I can see aircraft listed on the Traffic Monitor on the EBF Server.

Thanks and kind regards,

Ken

Hi Ken

If the traffic is disappearing as soon as your aircraft is airborne then I assume it has to do with the map options of the world map. Ground map has different (better said, individual) settings and therefore it might be that traffic is visible on the ground chart but not on the world map. Please check the traffic options on the world map.

TrafficOptions.png

If the Client window's width is less than approx. 1400 pixels, the map options get compressed. Then the traffic options are behind the TFC button.

TrafficOptions2.png

Hi Urs,

Thanks for the quick response.  The aircraft do not disappear immediately.  In fact I can see them on the Global Map...but soon they being to vanish.  I will do more testing and try to capture some screen shots so that you can fully see what I am.

I will report back soon.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Ken

Hi Urs,

After some further testing I believe the fault lies with me.  I was flying in Chile down from Santiago and I guess there is not much AI traffic in that region.  Indeed, when I checked FlightRadar24 for the same time period the skies were pretty empty.

Maybe the AI aircraft that I noticed on the Active Sky weather map were too far out to show on EFB  It was only a couple so I will not lose any sleep.  I've also done some other flights since, over Europe, and all the AI traffic appeared normally.

I would consider this item closed.

Many thanks as always.

Kind regards,

Ken