KTPA Airport Geometry Missing / Intermittently Reappears

bhorv67

Hi, I'm using EFB v2 b133 w/P3d v5.3 hf2. Airport in question is FlyTampa KTPA.

The issue is after landing at KTPA, the airport geometry is missing from the EFB client display. While the AI traffic is visible, no runways/taxiways/buildings appear. After about 5 minutes of taxiing to a gate (usually have to call a FollowMe), the airport just appears in the client display. 

I've tried rebuilding the database but doesn't seem to help. I don't believe I have this issue with any other airport. 

Appreciate any help, thanks 

Hi Brian,

when the airport geometry is no longer depicted, most probably a program exception happened before. Could you please create a set of support files, one from the Server and one from the Client. You may upload them here, or if you prefer, you may send them to support@aivlasoft.com. I will have a look at them, hoping to find the reason for the issue.

Thanks for the files.

When touchdown at KTPA was detected, the airport ZTPA was selected as the nearest airport, instead of KTPA according to the flight plan. In EFB terms, the nearest airport is defined by the distance to its ARP (airport reference position). Obviously the distance from the touchdown position to the ARP of ZTPA is less than the distance to the ARP of KTPA. I don't know ZTPA but I guess that this is not a real world airport. Maybe it has been added by FlyTampa for internal purposes. Unfortunately it will be detected as an airport when EFB DbBuilder is scanning the BGL files from the simulator.

As a remedy for this you can define an exclusion for the airport ZTPA and then rebuild the EFB database using the function 'Update simulator'. An excluded airport will no longer be considered when scanning the simulators BGL files and therefore it will no longer be available in EFB. However, the simulators database is not affected in any way by this.

To create an exclusion proceed as follows:

1. Locate the file "BglSceneryExclude.txt" in the following path (default installation): "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base"

2. Open this file with a text editor

3. At the lower end add the following line: airport:ZTPA

4. Save the file

5. Rebuild the EFB database using the function 'Update simulator'.

See Screenshot below of an example entry. There is actually no necessity to add an empty line before the new entry like in the sample below.. It's just made for clarity, to separate new entries from older ones. You may add as much airport exclusions as needed. For each exclusion add a new line starting with the prefix 'airport:'.

airport exclusion.png