Non ICAO Airport Codes

Hi,

Someone mentioned that the EFB does not have the ability nor will it accept 3 letter non ICAO codes used at smaller airports such as F70 or L69, is this true and if so will it be corrected?.

It has also been suggested that once the flightplan has been entered into the program you cannot edit it, is this true, if so will there be an update to allow such changes/modifications to the flightplan?

Thanks

Hi Michael,

I entered F70 into the ICAO search in EFB and see an airport named "French Valley" in California. There is no L69 listed, but L67, L70 and L71 are also in California.

I expect - but stand to be corrected by Urs - that the listing is dependent on each user's FSX scenery.cfg file. So if I do not have an L69 in my scenery, then it would not appear in my EFB. Etc.

EFB flight plans can be edited after being "activated." You would have to activate the flight plan again once finished.

Best,

Hi,

@ GG_Flyer: you're right, the listing is dependent on each user's FSX scenery.cfg. The EFB can only show what is installed on your computer.

Currently it's not possible to either enter a 4-letter ICAO code nor a 3-letter airport code as a waypoint within a flight plan (except the origin and destination airports, of course).

I will take this on my to-do-list, but it will not yet be available with the upcoming SP3.