Standard MSFS2020 Boeing 747-8i, profile not found (while it does exist)

Jaap Riemens

I fly the Boeing 747-8i in MSFS2020 but EFB2 can't find the profile and loads the standard profile. Sometimes EFB2 refers to the right profile name but strangely enough, sometimes to a wrong profile name like BOEI G 747-8i (without the "N")

Ik have downloaded the list with XML files but they didn't do the trick. I can make a new profile file from another existing file but how do i connect this file to the right plane in MSFS2020? The current file seems correct, EFB2 claims it can't find the file BOEING 747-8i but the filename does exists in the list when I check with the profile editor. How can I solve this issue?

Boeing2.png

Boeing1.png

Hi Jaap,

Accroding to our information, the callup-code (airfile name) for default the B787-8i returned by MSFS is "b748". See the server protocol below:

protocol_01.thumb.png.5537d8a96d39376283f6aa506a82a012.png

As this code is not contained in the default profiles, you need to enter it to the B747-8i Profile with the help of the Profile Editor. See screenshot below:

protocol_02.png.96c4e09b52cd3e0dce011301e1b6544f.png

After this editing you need to restart the CLIENT inorder to update the internal profile index (and then of course also reload the A/C). Thereafter the profile should load normally.

• Jaap Riemens changed the title to Standard MSFS2020 Boeing 747-8i, profile not found (while it does exist)