Decision Height and Decision Altitude

Jingle

I'm in the 30 day trial now and I love it.

This software is so much better suited for flightsimming compared to Navigraph charts.

Everything feels more convenient and organized.

One thing I was wondering. I read that the AIRAC cycles don't provide enough data to show DA and DH for all airports so standard values are used

for certain airports. That's ok with me. However, the approach charts only show Decision Height (RA).

Isn't it possible to also show Decision Altitude?

In the FBW A32x, sometimes you can only enter Decision Altitude(baro) into the MCDU approach data.

Thanks

[edit] I just noticed the Airport Elev(1046ft) so you can quickly add RA to get DA, but displaying DA in the bottom tablw would be "nice to have"

[edit2] Now I also notice , it's either showing DH or DA. (would prefer to always see both)

Navigraph_Charts_U4xW86vXXV.png

AivlaSoft.Efb.Client_Jqyec58CvE.png

Thank you for your kind words on our EFB. Let me answer your question as follows:

DH is only displayed where applicable, e.g. CAT II & III ILS and explicitly named as such (DH). The rest is DA/MDA. In the above example the values for the CAT 1 approach is 1250 FT DA, for the LOC it is 1300 ft MDA. Minima are NOT included in AIRAC data. Editing of our own individual Minima Files is done by us.

Please note that in this example default values are displayed with amber background. Where applicable there are also individual Minima Files available in the download section https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3003-minima/ , which show the real or at least close to real Minima Values.

Thanks for clarifying. I guess the way you've implemented DH/DA is even more readable than original approach charts.

So I suppose in the cases that  FBW320 MCDU only gives the option to enter DA (baro), it won't be a CAT II or III approach. 

35 minutes ago, Jingle said:

So I suppose in the cases that  FBW320 MCDU only gives the option to enter DA (baro), it won't be a CAT II or III approach. 

Exactly. DH is - at least at present - only used for Low Minima Approaches, which means ILS. For future Precision Approaches like RNAV/VNAV (AR) possibly also DH may be published, but to my knowledge none are published so far.