setting default flightplan flight number

oskrypuch

Having the flight number matching your VATSIM filed number, prevents the ghost showing when TFC is enabled in the client view.

There used to be a way to set a default for your flight number when inputting the flightplan, minor issue of course, just need to put it in manually. Just installed into a new computer, and can't seem to find that setting. Is it still there?

* Orest

Hi Orest

thank you for bringing up this question. I did some tests to make sure I will give you the right answer. While testing I found a bug which I must have overseen in the past. The callsign will only be applied to a flight plan when this flight plan was imported as an ICAO formatted plan. I have to apologize for any inconvenience and I will fix it with the next update. It seems that I was too much focused on importing flight plans from SimBrief or PFPX when I developed this feature.

For the time being the callsign is only applied to the current EFB flight plan if the flight plan was imported in the ICAO flight plan data format as displayed here:

(FPL-SWR1662-IS
-A20N/M
-SDE2E3FGHIJ1RWXY/LB1
-LSZH0740
-N0459F290 DCT DEGES Z2 OSDOV M738 ADOSA L612 ALBET DCT
-LIPZ0035 LOWL
-PBN/A1B1C1D1O1S2 DOF/211121 REG/HBASA EET/LOVV0009 LIMM0018 OPR/SWR PER/C RMK/TCAS)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just thought I would jump on this post rather than starting another. I am finding that when we import a flight plan from simbrief into EFBV2 it keeps the old (previous flight) flight number in the create flight template box in aivlasoft. I have to manually re-enter the correct call sign into the efb callsign box. I'm not sure if this is the same problem you had above (apologise if not). I didn't have this issue till I installed it on a new PC and did an update.

On 7/14/2022 at 5:32 PM, benjoglove said:

Just thought I would jump on this post rather than starting another. I am finding that when we import a flight plan from simbrief into EFBV2 it keeps the old (previous flight) flight number in the create flight template box in aivlasoft. I have to manually re-enter the correct call sign into the efb callsign box. I'm not sure if this is the same problem you had above (apologise if not). I didn't have this issue till I installed it on a new PC and did an update.

Anyone?

On 7/18/2022 at 5:19 AM, aivlasoft said:

Ben,

did you update Client and Server to the latest version?

Can you describe how you import the plan from SimBrief? Are you using the downloader, or the built in function in EFB Client?

All are the latest version. (Version 2.3 Build #133)

Simbrief downloader program as I have always doen which then imports it into the aivlasoft efb. The .efbr file is locate in the create file plan and routing etc is fine. It is just that the call sign is not updated to reflect the new one in the plan. It defaults back to the one previously used in the last flight. Hence, we have to manually change it to the new one.

Ben,

the .efbr file format does not contain the callsign. When using the SimBrief downloader program, you will not get any information about the current callsign. That's by design.

Just use the built-in download in EFB, which downloads an XML-file from SimBrief which contains all required information.