Prevent own aircraft being depicted twice on moving map

zimmer46

On some occasions when I create a FP using the import facility from Simbrief, and make sure I input my own callsign on page 2 of the Create FP window, but even so I still seet my aircraft and its feed from Vatsim on the moving map.   I have checked a few posts on here about the same issue and I think I am following the correct process , but I am puzzled why sometimes it works and on other occasions  I get two aircraft ?

Andrew

Hi Andrew

EFB is trying to filter your own aircraft data from the VATSIM feed by comparing each aircraft's callsign against your own callsign. If it doesn't match the aircraft from the feed will be depicted on the map. Maybe there's a difference between the callsign in EFB's flight plan and the callsign from the data feed.

When it happens next time, please create a support file from the Server and upload it here. Maybe it will help to find the difference.

Hi Urs.  Thanks for the reply.

Looks to be working fine now.   I think it was possibly my own fault when I have re-planned using Simbrief, but forgot to go back and over key the callsign.  I am sure I was doing it correctly, but maybe its just age catching up with me 😏  

Andrew