SIDs STARs and RNAVs

Terblanche

A few questions:

1. I've read your 'Why are ILS approach(es) not showing?' post and it all makes perfectly sense - however - there are quite a few airports where I can't figure our why no SIDs or STARs are showing up.
    For example: Payware (iniBuilds) Queenstown (NZQN) has the RNAV (GNSS) (ELRUV1A) approach. In AS/EFB the ELRUV1A is available by NO RNAV approach and you can only choose a runway extension.
    Another example: Payware (FSDreamTeam) Chicago O'Hare (KORD) has NO SIDS or STARs available
  2. I've tried to create a database file WITH and WITHOUT NavData (Navigraph) folder but it remains the same in the EFB. The strange thing is that the FBW A320 and Asobo B787 do have all the SIDs and STARs available in their FMC and must read it from somewhere?
  3. On a different note: what makes an aircraft showing the ARC (green banana) when climbing or descending? I only see it for the TBM and CRJ although the ARC is selected down below on toolbar and the descent profile bar is showing on the right of the screen?

Once again, thank you for this great piece of software and there is not a single airliner flight that this is not utilised to its full potential.

Warm regards from Cape Town

Terblanche

Hi Terblanche,

I'll try to answer your questions in the same order:

NZQN Final approaches are simply not contained in the database for EFB2, neither in NavDataPro nor in Navigraph. The problem here is the designation convention used. There is e.g. an RNAV Final Approach "y" but not assigned to a specific RWY in the ARINC dataset. Therefore it cannot be assigned to a RWY and is considerd a "circling approach". At a leater stage we still hope that hose will be included in the dataset, but for the time being we have to stand put with the present situation.

Generally SID's and STARs are not dependent on the installed Add-On. Only ground layouts are derived from there (if available). Why e.g. KORD does not show any procedures in your installation is unknown to me. In my installation (I use the NavDataPro database for EFB) all procedures are available, however only ONE single SID, the KORD6, which is quite common in the US.

All data visible in EFB are derived from the AIRAC Database installed FOR EFB. Some Add-On A/C from Asobo (especially the ones with FMGCs and AFAIK also the FBW A320neo) use the (default) ARINC database from MSFS. This one is to be found in "..\official\OneStore\fs-base-nav" and is updated in irregular intervals. All other A/C also use the (default) ARINC database, AS LONG AS NO NAVIGRAPH database is installed. Installing the latter deactivates the mentioned (default) ARINC Database for A/C with G1000/g3000 and similar navigation systems.

Concerning the missing Green Banana there is a known issue with the FBW A320neo which uses a non-standard altitude output. ATM we are not able to display the Green Banana for this A/C. Our means for digging into the secrets of Add-On A/C are somewhat limited, especially when it comes to MSFS A/C...

11 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

AS LONG AS NO NAVIGRAPH database is installed. Installing the latter deactivates the mentioned (default) ARINC Database for A/C with G1000/g3000 and similar navigation systems.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. All the answers make sense. The above mentioned quote however doesn't make sense to me ...

... because every month I update Aivlasoft with latest Navigraph Airac, does that mean it overrides the default database?

I don't have the NavData folder installed anymore because it causes too many other problems for me.

How do I then get Aivlasoft to NOT use the Navigraph database?

1 hour ago, Terblanche said:

How do I then get Aivlasoft to NOT use the Navigraph database?

AivlaSoft EFB ALWAYS needs its own database. No matter whether you use the default (outdated) database supplied upon purchase or a regularly updated database (Navigraph or NavDataPro). It does not work without. This is for EFB. MSFS uses its own database, more or less regularly updated by MSFS updates (next to come with Update 6 next week) or Navigraph, which overrides MSFS Default database. You cannot override EFB database by any simlator's database.

9 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

AivlaSoft EFB ALWAYS needs its own database. No matter whether you use the default (outdated) database supplied upon purchase or a regularly updated database (Navigraph or NavDataPro). It does not work without. This is for EFB. MSFS uses its own database, more or less regularly updated by MSFS updates (next to come with Update 6 next week) or Navigraph, which overrides MSFS Default database. You cannot override EFB database by any simlator's database.

👍 ... now I get it.

Sorry it's been a loooong week and not a good Sunday but now I'm with you.

I'll keep my eyes open for when there is a change in the RNAV of Queenstown and/or something weird as with KORD. In the meantime there's a zillion other airports to fly in and out of without any problems.