dbBuilder issues with P3D and MSFS

skipy

Hi,

I have the following problems with dbBuilder 2.2 #128 when updating databases.

1 - MSFS: 

2021-07-20 15:49:51.472   Debug   : Scanning 4400 files ...
2021-07-20 15:50:53.198   Error   : Impossible de lire au-delà de la fin du flux.     à System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()   à System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)   à System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt16()   à e.e.v.b.e.s(String A_0, Int32 A_1)   à e.e.v.b.e.s(Action`1 A_0, ManualResetEvent A_1)   à e.e.v.b.hw(Action`1 A_0, ManualResetEvent A_1, String A_2, String A_3, ew A_4)   à e.e.s.y.u()   à e.e.s.y.r()

No airport are created (see the attached dbBuilderLogfile.txt for more info) and I don't know if the problem is caused by a new or updated addon or not (too many changes between rebuilds).

2 - P3Dv5.2 HF1 :

2021-07-16 00:20:13.772   Debug   : [Package.107]
2021-07-16 00:20:13.772   Warning : Folder doesn't exist. L:\ORBX\p3dv5\LPPD Ponta Delgada - Jo?o Paulo II Airport

Not really an issue because the airport BGL is processed but it would be nice not to have this warning very time (see the attached dbBuilderLogfile-3.txt for more info).

2021-07-16 00:20:13.895   Debug   : ++ Found scenery category in: L:\ORBX\p3dv5\LPPD Ponta Delgada - João Paulo II Airport\add-on.xml

Thanks for your support.

Skip.

dbBuilderLogfile.txt dbBuilderLogfile-3.txt

Hello,

1 - MSFS:  Unfortunately there is no further information in the logfile which would tell me the name of the file which is causing the error.

2 - P3Dv5: Could you please upload the file "L:\ORBX\p3dv5\LPPD Ponta Delgada - João Paulo II Airport\add-on.xml" for further investigation? Thanks.

Hi,

Here's the addon.xml file for ORBX LPPD which seems very basic. Below the addon.cfg entry:

[Package.107]
PATH=L:\ORBX\p3dv5\LPPD Ponta Delgada - João Paulo II Airport
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

For the MSFS issue I've tried to remove my last airport addon installed with the same problem (4397 files scanned instead of 4400). If I want to remove other addon to perform tests, what are those which are scanned by dbBuilder? Only airports or any addon such as navigraph, fsuipc-lvars, ....

Regards,

add-on.xml

Hello,

thanks for reporting back. Good to hear that it works now.

The issue with the 'Folder doesn't exist' warning seems to be from the special character 'João' in the path for [Package.107] in the add-ons.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.  In the logfile it is logged as 'Jo?o'. Maybe you can try to uninstall this add-on and then reinstall it using a simple 'a' instead of 'ã'.

Well, LPPD Ponta Delgada - João Paulo II Airport is an an ORBX product and installed via ORBX Central without possibility to change the folder name. Manually changing the folder name and editing addon.cfg file isn't an option to maintain ORBX products database integrity.

I was thinking that something can be change in dbBuilder code so it could manage these special character in the path name properly. But as long as the AFCAD file is  found and correctly processed (LPPD information in EFB v2 client is correct) it's not a real issue.

Skip.