Some minor problems and one wish

Hello Urs,

i have two small problems with your absolutely great EFB. Maybe you got a hint how to solve them.

First: when i switch from Day to Night-Mode the runways on the ground-map disappear. On the other phases of flight (i.e. Enroute) the displays are just fine. Maybe a graphics driver or a .NET problem?

Second: i have no SID/STARs in EDDP (Leipzig - Aerosoft German Airports 2X). Unil now the only airport with this problem. Maybe the addon has not been correctly recognized by the data provider?

And now my wish: is it possible to display degrees on the first circle of the range-display? This may improve navigation a lot.

Thanks in advance. Thank you for your stunning tool!

Bye

Ingo

Ingo,

when i switch from Day to Night-Mode the runways on the ground-map disappear
Does it happen on every airport or only on certain airports?

no SID/STARs in EDDP
I think this is the known problem that the data in FSX (which is the world you are flying in) is something about 5 years old whereas the Navigraph data is from today. The world is changing 8-)

Please have a look into the 'Operations Manual', section 2, page 3, 'Messages on the DataProvider window'. You will find a detailed explanation how to solve such problems.

For your convenience, here are the lines to insert ;)

EDDP 08 08L

EDDP 26 26R

EDDP 10 nil

EDDP 28 nil

Your wish will be set on the 'to do list' ...

Hello Urs,

thank you for your quick answer.

First: Yes, the runways disappear on every aiport when switching to Night-Mode. Taxiways, Apron etc. stay visible.

Second: The problem with EDDP is solved. Because i have the Aerosoft German Aiports-EDDP-Addon the lines in the runways.txt were obsolete. I removed them and now everything is fine. If i had the FSX-standard scenery EDDP those lines would be right.

Greetings

Ingo

Hi Urs,

as i'm flying now for a VA i did some more flights the last days. During that i found a strange behaviour of the ILS Course display on the Approach Page. When i'm flying enroute and i switch to the Approach Page to set the ILS course on my radios. It says Frequency 109.90 and course is 60 - fine. When i am near at the airport during the approach phase the course says 59, which is correct. How can it change from one value to another?

Greetings

Ingo

Ingo,

I assume that this behavior has to do with the magnetic variation. FSX provides some static information about the magnetic variation at an airport or at a navaid too. This static information is approximately 5 years old (maybe more). FSX also provides the magnetic variation when the aircraft is flying. Then the magnetic variation seems to be calculated (based on a magnetic field model) and therefore it's more accurate. This value represents the magnetic variation at the aircraft's position.

If you switch to the approach chart and the moving map is not yet activated (because the aircraft is not in the vicinity of the airport) then the static value of the magnetic variation (which comes from the BGL-files) will be used. If the aircraft is in the vicinity of the airport and the moving map is active, the calculated value (which always is more accurate) will be used.

It's on the 'to-do' list to implement a magnetic field model in one of the next versions. Then this issue should no longer occur.

Hope this helps.