MS2020 Aircraft Profile

GAJ52

Hi Glen,

Check the server protocol window. As soon as the A/C is loaded, there will be an entry "airfile name:XXXX". Enter this name (without any "") into the airfile name input field of the respective profile. There has however an oddity shown up within MSFS. For an unknown reason there may be another name showing up after a consecutive start. If this happens, just add also the second name into the profile's airfile list. There are multiple entries allowed anyway. For more information about Profile Editing please also consult the respective manual.

58 minutes ago, ianfisher said:

Alumni

The DC-6 A model is also called dc6 in the server protocol window. Adding this to the Profile brings up the correct profile, however the A varient also gets seleced when I want to fly the B

Thought's

Ian

One of the oddities of MSFS that we haven't found out about yet. I have two installs of MSFS running on two different computers. In my first install I see the following line:

2021-06-22 19:08:00.996   Debug   : Airfile name: dc6b

whereas in my second install I see:

2021-06-23 09:33:11.350   Debug   : Airfile name: dc6

both when the DC6B is loaded

I have seen also on other aircraft, that not always the same airfile name is returned. We have no idea what the reason for this is. As an example I have seen both "optica" and "opca" for the Edgley Optica.

In any case, DO NOT USE THE SAME AIRFILE NAME IN TWO DIFFERENT PROFILES! This will lead to unforseeable results!

• 7 months later...