romoni

Hello!

Windows 10 64 bit ver. 20H2
EFB2 ver. 2.2 (build #124) (Server Main PC and Client Laptop) -> AIRAC 2102
FSUIPC 7 Payware
FSMS 2020 1.14.5.0 -> AIRAC 2102
FBW A320 Nx DEV-ver (Regulary Updated

A problem:

I do my flightplan with Simbrief and load it to EFB Client - check SID and STAR and set all up. After that I start MSFS 2020 (Steam Ver.), wake up the plane, set up a FMC and check that the flightplan match to EFB's flightplan. Then to runway and take off.

After takeoff I lost flightplan first Client and after that from FMC - not always but very often. Today I realised that I push Sync Pos button on the Flight Plan page (EFB Client) I can get planned Flightplan back to my FMC.

Some times EFB is messed my aproach route.

My question is:

How I can prevent the EFB's to do this as I told above.

Sorry my bad english - this is a little bit hard to try explain but I hope You understan about what I mean.

Thank You

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Interaction between A320neo (or MSFS...) and EFB are not clearly defined. I have done a few experiments and finally came up with one solution, which works all the time:

1.) Set up the flightplan trough SimBrief for EFB

2.) Complete the flightplan with all necessary extensions (SID, STAR, APPROACH)

3) "Wake up" the A320 and set everything up until ready before engine start

4.) Import the flightplan from SimBrief into the FMGC on INIT A page

5.) Do NOT change or add anything in the FMCG !!

6.) Complete INIT B page

7.) Complete FMCG Performance page

8.) Select "resend GPS Route" on EFB Settings/Miscellaneous page (be aware that this option must be activated in the A/C profile)

9.) Set both FD to ON and press SPD, HDG and ALT Buttons on the FCU. Check proper indication on PFS's FMA: CLB and NAV

Thereafter you can proceed as usual, start engines and set everything up for take-off. Be aware that the A/P will follow the GPS route as sent from EFB propery, even though it is not completely shown on the ND!

Entering SID and STAR/APPROACH into the FMGC can lead to the effect that you described. We do not have any further insight into Navigation handling of MSFS or even A320. So we cannot give you any advice for any problems arising within the routing transfer. What I have seen so far is that there are unknown activities within the FMGC and EFB Routing transfer. As for the use of ILS I manually insert the respective frequency into the RAD NAV page.

Another possibility is to deactivate automatic GPS Route Transfer (see A/C profile) and do all planning for the A320 within it's FMGC. Unforunately the FMGC's abilities to properly depict some SID's, STAR,s and APPROACHes are limited on some airports. That's why I personally do not use this option. Nevertheless it must be said that handling of e.g. the FSL Airbus within P3D is done exactly this way. There is no interaction between EFB and the FMGC.

The combination of GPS routing and manual insertion of procedures into the FMGC is leading to unexpected results. We do not have any information on how these routings are processed within neither A320neo nor MSFS.