EFB Server Error Year, Month, and Day

Wise87

I just did a clean install of P3Dv5 and all my computers are talking to each other. Installed EFB server and I get the following error. 

2021-01-30 18:23:30.489   Error   : Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.     at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)   at System.DateTime..ctor(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day, Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second, DateTimeKind kind)   at r.r.r.m.d.r(Int32 A_0)   at r.r.r.m.d.h(String A_0)   at r.r.r.m.d.fp(String A_0, Boolean A_1, d& A_2)

serverLogfile.txt

+1

Have tried changing date and time formats on computer - no joy.

Have tried resetting date and time settings to system default - no joy.

Have tried deleting old EFB database and creating new after date format changes - no joy.

FIX FOUND

Hmmm...so, miraculously, it is working. The only thing I did different was - after I did all of the above (which I don't think was the issue), once the Database builder was finished, in the 'Closing options' window - check "Quit Database Builder and start EFB Server" (as opposed to 'Quit Database Builder only').

Point of interest;

These are the 'Date Formats' I'm using:

Short date ddd., MMM. dd, yy

Long Date : dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy

**Changing the Date Format in W10**

Easy, right, but there is a thing...

Here goes...

1. Right-click on your date and/or time - far right in your taskbar.

2. Select "Adjust date/time" - scroll to "Date, time & regional formatting" - scroll to "Additional date, time & regional settings" - 'Control Panel\Clock and Region' window opens.

3. Select "Change date, time, or number formats" - 'Region' window opens.

4. Click "Additional settings..." click "Date" tab.

All pretty normal but...

Here's the thing...

In most 'Date' format windows, you can only choose from existing format options. Here you can input your own formats. ie; you can key in or copy/paste directly into the format windows...nice.

5. Apply and Apply.

Hope this helps...

Hi Dan,

the exception in the logfile was thrown because of an unknown date format in the downloaded SIGMET data but this should not stop the Server from properly running. It might happen that SIGMET data is erroneous in this regard because it seems that all participating providers have to fill in this data manually as plain text.

16 hours ago, Wise87 said:

That part is fixed but now it stops at COM offsets (int32).

I see in the other post that you have managed to fix it.