Error in data provider

Hi EFB Team,

I purchased recently and must say it is a first rate addon for FSX and learning something everyday.

But when you get to my age, somethings just go over my head, one of them is the error messages I get always half way through a flight using the PMDG MD11 or ifly 737, and the message reads as follows in the data window:

Exception from FSX received: TOO_MANY_REQUESTS

2011-06-11 01:49:16,327 [1] ERROR AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)] - Exception from FSX received: TOO_MANY_REQUESTS (repeated ...)

2011-06-11 02:20:42,557 [13] WARN AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider [(null)]

Then it crashes, and sometimes it does not.

And to top it off, all my AI traffic gets vapourised, and have to press cntrl shift T to bring it back. Also ai won't show up on progress page at times, sometime only half of what is actually at the airport.

This problem, as described above, happens at airports in Europe, USA and Oceania.

OS W7 64

FSX SP2

8G Ram

2600K CPU

GTX 580 VD

Display Unit running on a network.

Other addons running at the time are:

ASE (networked)

RC4 (Networked)

Topcat (networked and run only at pre-flight)

FSC 8.5 ( only too provide AI view as EFB is not consistant)

Edit: using UT 2 for AI, updated to current version.

Sorry for the long winded post, and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Kind Regards

Julian Evans

Hi Julian,

welcome aboard!

The exception "too many requests" is sent by "SimConnect" which is the (programming-)interface to/from FSX. Since EFB logs all the messages that it receives, it also logs messages that not always are concerned to EFB.

If you run other add-ons that are also using SimConnect and especially when many AI airplanes are around (depends on the current settings in either FSX or the AI-add-on), then it might happen that SimConnect signals "too many requests". Try to reduce the density of AI aircraft and most probably the message will no longer appear.

Hope this helps.