Aivlasoft with MSFS cj4 and Working Title 8.1

shakopee22

I have used Aivlasoft successfully with MSFS and the TBM 930. Recently I have started using the Cessna CJ4 but when I load a flightplan into Aivlasoft it does no appear in the CJ4 the way it did in the TBM. I can load a flightplan (simbrief) into Aivlasoft and the CJ4 using the 8.1 flightplan loading process and Aivlasoft tracks the flight visually but the Radio function doesn't work nor does changes to the flightplan. Is this something that can be addressed or is it specific to the 8.1 mod?

Hi ??? (please sign with your real name according to our Forum Rules)

As far as modifications of the default A/C are concerned, we are not able to give any advice nor are we able to trace any misbehaviour. In this specific case the ony information I have is that I do not see any oddities with the G1000/3000 mods (V0.3.2) by Working Title. Flightplans and Radio Tuning are handled the usual way. I do however not use the CJ4 mod.

Edit: I have quickly installed the 8.1 mod and I do not see any problems with Radio Tuning. All works normally. There are however a few anomalities when using key bindings but those are mentioned in the mods "known issues" protocol. I have not checked any flight plans yet.

For the TBM when you loaded a flightplan in Aivlasoft it was present in the TBM when you loaded that aircraft. For the CJ4 I haven't been able to make that work, whether I load the plan in Aivlasoft before, or after, I load the CJ4. On the other hand when I load a Simbrief flightplan in Aivlasoft the usual way and in the CJ4 (using the CJ4 plan import that is part of the 8.1 mod) all is fine in terms of Aivlasoft seeing the aircraft and tracking its movement etc. I guess this isn't really a problem as I think the CJ4 handles flightplan import, runway and approach selection much better than the TBM. 

On 12/22/2020 at 5:45 AM, shakopee22 said:

For the TBM when you loaded a flightplan in Aivlasoft it was present in the TBM when you loaded that aircraft. For the CJ4 I haven't been able to make that work, whether I load the plan in Aivlasoft before, or after, I load the CJ4. On the other hand when I load a Simbrief flightplan in Aivlasoft the usual way and in the CJ4 (using the CJ4 plan import that is part of the 8.1 mod) all is fine in terms of Aivlasoft seeing the aircraft and tracking its movement etc. I guess this isn't really a problem as I think the CJ4 handles flightplan import, runway and approach selection much better than the TBM. 

Steve,

I have made a few tests with the CJ4 8.1 mod and I see that Flightplan Import is handled completely different and mod-specific. the same obviously applies to the A320neo mod. These modifications have their own flightplan handling which is not compatible to the default GPS flightplan of MSFS.

Therefore the flightplan must be loaded and handled separately for the A/C as well as for EFB. This is identical to flightplan handling of e.g. PMDG or FSLabs in P3D.