Server: Calling ActiveSky WebAPI didn't work

Captain45

Usually I don't look into the Server log. It's minimized. But because I had problems with UTLive2 I checked. I get this message sometimes 5 times within one minute. Then I see File based weather broadcasted. So it probably found the API.

I run P3Dv4.5 + QW B787 + AivlaSoft Server on one PC (UTLive2 is OFF) and ActiveSky + ASCA + AivlaSoft Client on another networked PC.

On both machines ports 19284 an 19285 are open sending and receiving.

On the server PC the B787 weather radar works 100% and on the AivlaSoft Client it reads WX: ActiveSky so that's ok too.

So, what could be the problem here? Busy local network? It's Gigabit.

Dirk

2020-12-09 EDIT:

I found the answer in another post. But it is still strange that I have to replace 'localhost' by an IP-adress while all comminucations between Server and Client work, including the IP of the client. Of course, that could be another client than the one where ActiveSky is residing.

But this should be on the Server/Settings page below or above the link to the weather file. Probably it would be IP or (better) 'COMPUTERNAME'.to avoid changes in IP's.

Hi Dirk,

If all ports are available and ActiveSky is active, there is no explanation for this behaviour except for missing/interrupted internet access. The API is called when a flight plan is active to get additional information like SIGMETs and weather along the flight plan route. For non-flight plan flying the API is called for "interpolated" METARS in case there is no METAR available for a specific airport. The message referring to "file base weather" is referring to the standard access to the "current_wx_snapshot.txt", which works outside the API.

I see that you don't run ActiveSky on the Server's Computer. For the file based accessof "current_wx_snapshot.txt" this is ok, if the proper network paht is set in the Server's settings. For the API call however I'm not sure whether this works over the network.