Unable to use a 'free space' waypoint

Captain45

I am running into this problem. When I right click (in the client's APP page for a small airport (SCCY in this case), that has no SIDs, STARS or FIXes, somewhere on a white spot on the chart, there is a popup that shows me f.i. 45 30,5S 071 54,3W. But the function 'insert as route waypoint' is greyed out. So I cannot add that specific point as a waypoint. Especially flying in mountainious areas to small GA airports it is essential that this is possible. The insert function in FPL only accepts Airports, Navaids and Fixes.

However, when I create a flightplan in Simbrief (example attached for SCAP to SCCY) it has that kind of waypoints only. It is just to create a FPL that zigzags through vallyes between high mountains. AivlaSoft can handle that kind of a FPL. It reads WPTs like '*5433S07204W' and the like.

It would be nice if there is a way to make the 'insert as route waypoint' function active by just right clicking on the chart.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

SCAPSCCY01.efbr

• Captain45 changed the title to Unable to use a 'free space' waypoint
22 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

the Waypoint BEFORE WHICH yu want to insert the Customer Wayoint.

Thanks Oskar. Indeed, that is the trick. To be correct, if you have a RWY extended to f.i. 25XT8 and you want a WPT in the APPR before that one, you have to click the 25XT8 (turns green) and then click on the map te be able to select the user WPT.

I fact, that was exactly what I did, but.... DO NOT click the INSERT button on the FPL popup (which was what I did), because then the select is greyed out.

It would be nice if the manual had been more clear on the subject.

Dirk

41 minutes ago, Captain45 said:

Thanks Oskar. Indeed, that is the trick. To be correct, if you have a RWY extended to f.i. 25XT8 and you want a WPT in the APPR before that one, you have to click the 25XT8 (turns green) and then click on the map te be able to select the user WPT.

I fact, that was exactly what I did, but.... DO NOT click the INSERT button on the FPL popup (which was what I did), because then the select is greyed out.

It would be nice if the manual had been more clear on the subject.

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I see what you mean, but to be honest, the function of the "insert" button in the FLP Pop-up is clearly described in the Flightplan Manual, Chapter 4.2. This chapter only deals with Flightplan changes, and not with "Creating Flightplan manually", which is described in chapter 2.2 of the same Manual. So IMHO there is no need to implement any changes for this special procedure. I will nevertheless discuss this with our Boss, to see whether we need to adapt our Manuals.