Flightplan Waypoints

ScottecLEMD

Hi Urs,

I hope all is well.  I rarely post on here as I rarely have any issues :-)  However, today I noticed that if the aircraft misses a waypoint in the EFB flightplan, the EFB does not continue to populate the data even if the aircraft follows the remainder of the EFB flightplan.

E.e. I departed LEBB on the AMTO4B SID,  However, this differed slightly from the track per the FMC procedure in the QW787 (using same AIRAC from Navigraph).  As a result, the EFB waypoint BLV was missed and all the subsequent waypoints, even although the aircraft followed the routing after BLV.  Is there any way to force the EFB to re-establish the link when this happens?

Thanks

Brgds

Ken

2020-09-13.png

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, this is possible. There is always a - remote - chance, that a waypoint passage is becoming missing if the passage is outside of EFB2's passage detection criteria, especially in procedures with large track changes. In this specific case It may well be that the A/C accelerated to a somewhat higher speed after LUKEP, which may cause too much "shortening" when climbing out via BLV towards AMTOS. If the "shortening" during the left turn causes passage of the waypoint (in this case BLV) too far away (not sure anymore about the required minimum distance), EFB2 will be stuck (and wait for passage) at BLV. This can easily be detected in the sidebar, where the distance to go for the next waypoint (BLV) is increasing iso decreasing. The easiest remedy  is selecting DCT-TO to the next waypont in the flightplan. HTH...

Hi Lonewulf,

Thanks for the detailed description.  It was my own fault;  I am so used to this not being an issue that I didn't even check the sidebar active waypoint ;-)  I was too busy hand flying the SID to notice.  I even have a sound reminder when a waypoint is passed but for some reason did not hear that either ;-)

At least I now know how to remedy, thanks for your help.

Brgds

Ken